• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

hahahaha yep :-)

Ying
    Participant

I was speaking to a friend over msn and we were discussing whether I live truly or not. In this I noted that to live truly I should be enjoying what I am doing, and to enjoy what I am doing now requires that I come from a place of fullness rather than lack or incompleteness. If I come from a place of completeness rather than lack I can enjoy what I am doing now for the simple action of doing it. I think this has been referenced in Eastern philosophy as Wu Wei – doing without doing or effortless doing. There is no stress involved because you are not driven by the need to get to some future moment, as you are complete and have the fullness of life now. You enjoy what you are doing now, and a greater quality flows into what you do because you are paying full care and attention in doing it – it is an end in itself rather than a means to an end.

Night Ya’ll! :D

Jax
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good chat!

Ying
    Participant

Yesterday I was thinking about our relationship between thought and reality after listening to an Adyashanti video on youtube while walking home from the local cinemas.

While I was thinking about it I came to realise that the source of confusion is the mind’s need to know about reality through thought. Prior to thought is the awareness we have as conscious beings. One can know reality from and through this awareness, where everything is alive yet still – there is a remembered awareness of the Force and the unmanifested; of yourself as the unmanifested itself. The reason we remember this state of being through direct awareness without thought/prior to thought, is because when thought becomes compulsive our attention is mainly in it – one thought after another, which then becomes ‘one damn thing after another’. When our attention is mainly in thought you cannot sense and know the aliveness and stillness of the present moment, which is Life. When awareness shifts from thought to the present moment, the mind is no longer compulsive and can often become completely still: where there is no thought, just awareness.

The confusion occurs when we mix up our perception of reality by believing that the thought we have about reality is the reality indefinetely. Confusion is therefore dispelled and the nature of reality is realised when the mind is no longer in a compulsive state. A large part of compulsive thinking therefore comes from the minds need to know reality, and thus itself. Drop the need to know reality and yourself.

When I realised this I did that. I felt the need to think about reality and know it conceptually fall away, and I have noticed that my mind has become much more calmer and clearer. I have also noticed it is much easier to become completely present in the here and now. My difficulty in becoming present was in my mind’s unrecognised need to know that state of being. I dropped that with dropping the need to know reality. I am now able to enter presence much more easily – because I don’t need to think about it, or reality.

Kol Drake

Seems like what you are also touching on is objective versus subjective reality.
    Subjective reality is reality seen through our inner mental filters that are shaped by our past conditioning.
    Objective reality is how things really are.

Ø
    … Although it is possible to perceive objectively, we cannot take in the totality of reality and say anything about it; we can only point to some of its characteristics. So whenever we explore reality in any specific manner, we have to leave out something. For example, when you describe an orange, you cannot say anything about its totality. You have to talk about its color or its taste or its shape. If you want your description to encompass the whole thing — its color, shape, and taste all together — you can only say, “orange.” It is the same with objective reality. If you want to say anything about it, you have to focus on its specific characteristics. 1

Ø
    An important part of the training here is gain tools to help understand the view of objective reality.

… This understanding comes through discussions about it and through your own investigation, your own exploration and experience. This view is, in some sense, not one experience, but what unifies all experiences. It is the over-arching picture that makes all experiences intelligible and meaningful. The more we understand the view of objective reality, the more we know where we are in our journey. The more we understand the view, the more we know how distorted or how objective our experience is.

Thus, understanding the view is a valuable guidance and an important orientation. In time, as our realization process progresses and deepens, our experience corresponds more with the view. When experience is exactly harmonious with the view, this is what is called total realization or enlightenment. 2

Ø
    The objective view of reality facilitates progressive unfoldment by continually opening up our experience, while the egoic view tends to hold and fixate it.  Through understanding how reality works, we develop basic trust in the nature of Being. Trusting the reality of Being is of primary importance in facilitating our experience to unfold and mature.

It does not matter if you like the view of reality or not. It is how things are. If you like it or don’t like it, that’s your business — it’s not the business of reality. If you don’t like how things are, the best you can do is to find out why, so that you can begin to harmonize yourself with it. Otherwise, you will suffer. This doesn’t mean reality is punishing you. It simply means that if you harmonize yourself with reality, you will experience a sense of peace and freedom, and if you don’t, you will experience discord. 3

Facets of Unity by A.H. Almaas
    1 – pg 206
    2 – pg 246
    3 – pg 255

Ying
    Participant

Thank you for those insights from that book :)

When anyone experiences the nature of reality, they can safely say there is no need to be worried or concerned in the least about the totality. After all… this too, shall pass…

Could we say that a simple awareness of reality without thought is objective perception, and thought-awareness is subjective, as it is subject to thought? 

Ying
    Participant

I won’t answer this in questions and answer format, I will just go ahead an talk about the leadership functions I currently perform in life.

The first time I truly stepped forward as a leader was not to lead anyone else, but to begin taking personal responsibility for myself in life. There came a point where things were not good. I was at one point crying to sleep and breaking down while trying to meditate. I was so confused, so distraught. The suffering I endured pushed me to pursue a path that was free and easy, a path where things weren’t so complicated, where it wasn’t one damn thing after another. A path free of suffering and the world.

I was looking for a way out and sure enough it came to me. One morning I found some old Shadow lectures I had printed out a while ago. They intriged me; there was something within me that had to walk that path.

So I located the Force Academy that relocated and I begun a crazy search for the truth that would set me free.

So through my training I made it my mission to take control of where I was going and how I was going to get there. I was shit scared about comnig out, but everything in what I was pursuing in my training welcomed the motive. It was as if God was saying, ‘now is the time’. So I made a decision to come out to my teacher Raven. She was so kind and caring… and she gave me the support I really needed. In truth, she pretty much saved my life, or gave me the tools to do so.

Today for the first time I actually miss the Force Academy, and everyone there. Especially Raven and Saevous (now Azrael).

So, after a year of training I have gained the tools and insight to have some form of control on where I take my life, how I effect the world around me and how to control myself.

I glad that I did have the courage to come out though, who knows what would have happened. I know not to ponder that though, it is of no use in the present moment. All that matters truly is now :)

So yeah, I got books and read them, while sorting through my own thoughts and emotions about how things were. This process eventually lead to my own awakening. I realised I am responsible for my own suffering… and as soon as that understnading is truly recognised one chooses not to suffer anymore, to surrender.

Where there is a will, there is a way  :meditate

Jax
    Keymaster

Very interesting. By the way, since we’ve moved training here instead of wordpress, can you copy your intro assignments to the intro training area? I just added you to the group so you can see those areas. Otherwise it’s hard to keep track of your assignments.

Ying
    Participant

Sure thing Jax :)

Ying
    Participant

I dont seem to be able to copy the responses I have given for the Introductory Course. Is there a special way to do it or….?

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here