• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I understand that philosophy. What about this? Breathing in first to symbolize what we take in from the world in beliefs or energy, whatever it is. Then exhale with what you I need a detailed map of wash dc and more hot coffee i need a graduate level psyc books and some boooks on spree and revenge killers choose to put into the world.
    Inhale emotion but exhale peace. The Jedi can transmute emotion into peace. And so on through each line. It’s a pretty neat interpretation and a tweak on some other ways it’s taught. Thank you for providing your thoughts which i used to advance my practice. :-). What do you think?  (please forgive typos as I’m on my iphone. )

Ying
    Participant

No problem :) Could you re-post that message though because I think you may have in-put something from another message you were sending, it randomly jumps to something about maps, hot coffee and psych books  ;D

Yep, the general idea is to, in the meditation, focus on detaching myself from my emotions and accepting them, which then allows me to be at peace and see the reality of anything clearly. I think I could go into this with quite a bit more detail. – I should do this for the whole code actually. :)

I am yet to get back to reporting on the result of my practice with the meditations and the result from the tests, though, and I do wish to keep on track with my training here, I am aiming for structure :) I should be able to post these things in the coming weekend or week. 

astasophi
    Participant

Nice use of the Code with meditation!  GREAT idea!

Jedi_Phoenix

So in doing this meditation with the Anderson Code, have you come to any realizations?  Any insights?  What is your purpose on meditating on the code besides a calm mind?  Many people have issues with the code, personal or otherwise, and often adapt it such as you have, or they analyze it, such as you saw in the forum.  How do you feel about this code? 

I ask, because simply meditating on a code can be less beneficial than combining a deeper purpose with it.  Just a thought :yoda

Phoenix

Jax
    Keymaster

Stupid phones… Sorry about that. 

I understand that philosophy. What about this? Breathing in first to symbolize what we take in from the world in beliefs or energy, whatever it is. Then exhale with what you choose to put into the world.
    Inhale emotion but exhale peace. The Jedi can transmute emotion into peace. And so on through each line. It’s a pretty neat interpretation and a tweak on some other ways it’s taught. Thank you for providing your thoughts which i used to advance my practice. :-). What do you think?

Ying
    Participant
    Quote:
    Nice use of the Code with meditation!  GREAT idea!

Thanks, but it wasn’t my idea :) I can’t remember where I got it from.

I will reply to everyone else later in more detail, my nese wants to get on the computer. (I have a computer at home that has good access to the internet now so I am way more flexible! Horah! :)

Ying
    Participant
    Quote:
    Stupid phones… Sorry about that. 

I understand that philosophy. What about this? Breathing in first to symbolize what we take in from the world in beliefs or energy, whatever it is. Then exhale with what you choose to put into the world.
    Inhale emotion but exhale peace. The Jedi can transmute emotion into peace. And so on through each line. It’s a pretty neat interpretation and a tweak on some other ways it’s taught. Thank you for providing your thoughts which i used to advance my practice. :-). What do you think?

No problem :)

I like that method of meditation better than my adapted one. We breath in emotion, and transpose it to peace, then give it to the world – service to others :)

Happy to be of service :)

Quote:
    So in doing this meditation with the Anderson Code, have you come to any realizations?  Any insights?  What is your purpose on meditating on the code besides a calm mind?  Many people have issues with the code, personal or otherwise, and often adapt it such as you have, or they analyze it, such as you saw in the forum.  How do you feel about this code? 

I ask, because simply meditating on a code can be less beneficial than combining a deeper purpose with it.  Just a thought :yoda

Phoenix

No,no realizations just yet. I haven’t meditated on it very much,  just once on he original code and once today on the new adapted code, which I am thinking about changing again.

I chose to mediitate on the code to both calm and train my mind. I wish to ‘ingrain’ if you like, the lessons embedded in the code, so they guide me each day when I interact with the world and life.

‘Emotion; then Peace’, allows me to be fully aware of my emotional state and stay in a state of peace, allowing me to make conscious decisions through the state of Being, as Eckhart tolle would say. This is WeWui according to Eckhart – full surrender, allowing the person to act or not, based on a clear sight rather than a sight blurred by emotion and negativity.

This very similar to Chaos; yet Stillness. In fact I think it is the same. Emotion then Peace should be that we have full emotional awareness and then are able to transmute the emotion to peace. Chaos yet stillness should be that we are able to be placed in a ‘chaotic situation’ and remain at a state of inner stillness, so we can make realistic decisions, through Being as described before. – there is an insight :)

Passion yet Serenity is refering to a type of balance among our passion and drive for things in life. We understand our passions and drives, but we dont let them rule us.

Change yet Surrender, refers to my ability to embrace change as it comes, to ‘flow with the ebbs and tides of reality’. Rather than resisting what is, I flow with it. As a result Icreate no negativity and suffering. We allow the isness of what is to be. Reality is constantly changing and rather than resisting it because it does not satisfy my ego’s desires, I use those events that I initially resist to bring myself into the Now more fully, to rise above ego and mind, by focusing on the resistance and surrendering to what is.

Death yet the Force is straight-forward. There is Death as impermanence in the physical world, yet on a spiritual level, on the spiritual plane everything simply transforms as the Force. On that level, there is no impermance.

An awesome thought too Pheonix :)

Ying
    Participant

Emotional Intuitive Exercise – The Light-house
    During the first part of the meditation, I was able to heal/relieve the pain and tension I was feeling in my back, neck, arms and shoulders. I was also effective at letting go of any thoughts that were arising or dwelling in my mind, and I was able to calm my mind to a good standard after about 10 to 15 minutes. I was also able to let go of any stress or worries that I had lingering within me. With each breath I was able to relax more and more, entering a state of calmness.

In the second bit, I was able to vividly imagine the beach, sea and sun-set. All through-out the meditation my sense of feeling was greater than my ability to imagine the setting of the meditation. I could effectively feel the sand beneath my feet, hear the waves crashing and dancing together and smell the sea breeze easily. As I imagined myself, again vividly, walking along the beach and coming to the light-house I was very relaxed. As I seen the ray of light extending across the ocean and begun to see the light-house, I started to feel nervous because I knew a storm was in the next few stages of the meditation, and it had with it a strong negative emotional energy, filled with anger, hate, jealousy, sadness, anxiety and fear. However I did return to feeling very relaxed at different times during the meditation.

After I entered the light-house, I began climbing the stairs. As I got higher and higher my fear of height began to arise, so I focused my attention on the fear trying to let it go, just relax and feel safe as the instructions outlined. My fear disappeared as I got to the top of the stairs. I then imagined a comfortable chair placed in-between the centre and corner of the room at the top of the light-house, while the beam of light produced spread across the ocean. It was now dark.

After that I went and sat in the chair, sinking into its oversized cushions, while looking out at the ocean and noticing the wind bringing in a tumultuous storm cloud. Again, I imagined this very vividly, the feel of it was much clearer.

The storm was blown in quite close, and it belched with lightning, raged the sea with strong winds and cried with rain. The lightning represented anger and hatred; it was quick and sharp, very strong. The wind blew with frustration, throwing the ocean around, ripping it randomly about. The cloud rained down with sadness, almost making me cry. In the cloud was anxiety, fear and loneliness.

The ray of light focused on the lightning, dissolving it into pure energy as it struck again and again, relieving me of anger and hatred. The beam then focused on the tears of rain that fell from the cloud, evaporating them into pure energy which I observed, relieving me of sadness. The beam then focused on the strong, frustrated winds, dissolving them into clear, pure energy, calming the tides of the ocean. Then, I focused the beam on the storm cloud itself, dissolving it into pure energy, relieving me of any fear, anxiety and loneliness. 

After this the sea relaxed into a calming stillness, however I was coming to and from the meditation in between each stage as I read the instruction. That hindered my ability to perform the meditation to the best of my ability, to hold that still, calm feeling. I tried my best to relax into a peaceful state but I was disturbed by repeats of anger and frustration. I tried my best to relax bit I couldn’t, my mind was again active like usual. Somewhere in the meditation a face came at me and I dissolved it with the beam of light, but I can’t remember where in the meditation this occurred. 

Ying
    Participant

Daily Meditatione
    My daily meditation sessions are now structured into three main parts that prove very effective at calming my mind, balancing my energy, focusing on the Jedi code (adapted), generating my Chi and incorporating a meditation of my choice, whether it be from an assignment or just the odd exercise I want to try. The meditation goes for a total of one hour and I begin at 9pm.

Structure:
    1. Zen Meditation: focusing on my breathing to calm my mind and enter a state of Mushin. This is the basis of the meditation, whenever thoughts or mind activity arises; I focus back on my breathing to calm my mind. Duration is 15 minutes

2. Energy Balance Meditation: practicing a meditation technique I learned about a year or more ago – imagining an arc of light from the bottom of my spine, to the top of my skull. As I inhale, I breathe in positive energy and the ark of light begins encompassing me. As I exhale, I breathe out negative energy and the ark of light stays where it is. The more positive energy I inhale the more the ark of light encompasses and consumes me. The process is repeated until I am completely consumed in light.
    Duration is 10 minutes.

3. Jedi Code Meditation: I have already explained this in my Jedi Realist holocron, though; I will explain it again for the purpose of my Force Academy holocron and informing the IJRS of recent changes. The code and the meditation process is:
    Duration is 10 minutes.

’Emotions’ (inhale from self and world); ‘then Peace’ (transmute to peace and give to world and self)
    ’Passions’ (inhale your passion/ambitions and drive); ‘yet Serene Balance’ ( exhale a serene balance for those passions and ambitions, don’t let them control you)
    ’Chaos’ (inhale the chaos that is sometimes evident); ‘yet Stillness’ (exhale a state of stillness among the notion of chaos to yourself and others)
    ’Change’ (inhale the impermanence of the universal); ‘yet Harmony’ (exhale harmony with change)
    ’Death’ (inhale death in realizing it is not the end all, but rather just a dramatic transformation); ‘yet the Force’ (exhale and realize this transformation is your personal Force of Spirit returning to the Source of all things)

Note that when you inhale, you are breathing in the qualities your focused on from both the world and yourself, and when you are exhaling your mainly giving to the world the qualities your focused on. When I am meditating on this code, at the stage of exhaling my hands move outward and upward to my head; then on the inhale they form a lose prayer gesture and come down the centre of my body. While my hands are moving in these gestures, I am focusing on my Chi – so it also becomes a Chi exercise.

4. The Chi Exercise is continued without the Jedi Code, and different hand gestures, usually random ones. Duration is 5 minutes.

5. Free Meditation: I now meditate on any subject I want to. I could meditate on an assignment or try a random exercise. Or I could just sit in silence and listen to my breathing to maintain a calm mind. Duration is 20 minutes.

Jax
    Keymaster

That’s very interesting Ying Gu, thank you for sharing. Do you mind posting your Jedi Code meditation as a separate thread in the esoterics or living the Jedi way forum? This allows others to see it more easily.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here