• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kol Drake

Most of you have probably done forms of these exercises for chi / qi healing work, reiki;  visualizing using the practices of Robert Bruce, etc.  Figure some of the classes will cover this in more depth but… I’m trying to unwind after packing/moving/unpacking my just graduated daughter so…  please be indulgent.

Many consider chi energy as part of the Force… however you personally wish to ‘see’ it, using these practices can help get more in touch with your senses and sensing the Force.

Using the Force for healing —

1. Breathe deeply 4 times, relax into your soul. Be at peace.

2. Pick your target- a picture of Yoda or a statue of the Buddha or some pottery or sculpture or image which has meaning to YOU.  In some disciplines they use a Medicine Wheel, whether physical or existing only in your imagination, it can function as a very nice capacitor — a means of building and holding the Force before sending it out to do it’s work (healing in this case).

You could make or notice a VISUAL image. This might be healing energy, or brilliant light, or whatever visual image turns you on emotionally. If it’s fun, you are doing it right.  Consider this as ‘setting up your focus and creating an intention’.

You could make or listen for an AUDITORY sound. Angelic choirs, the sound of wind in the trees, a G Major chord, whatever sound feels healing to you.

You could feel, or make, a KINESTHETIC, or feeling, image. You could imagine what it feels like to be a little child, entranced with the wonder of the Universe. Consider times in your life when you felt on top of the world, when everything felt right, and in harmony. Feel those feelings again. Use some sort of marker, like perhaps putting your thumb and forefinger together, so that you can “trigger” these feelings at will.

You could add or notice an OLFACTORY image, such as the smell of beautiful flowers. This might sound involved, looking at the printed text, but relax! Allowing healing energy to flow through you is the most natural thing in the world. Consider a time in your life when you really felt love flowing through your heart: there wasn’t any effort involved, really. You are just “allowing” a flow. The energy already exists; all you have to do is give it focus. “Efforting” is a left brain activity. This method comes from the right brain, the 90% of capacity not normally used.

Getting the full spectrum of senses into the ‘visualization’ is strongly recommended by Robert Bruce.  It is this ‘full function’ aspect which helps to get the mind fully into the intent and flow.

3.  Consider your target. To start, you could just use the Kinesthetic, the Feeling, image.  Feel and know that the Force used as healing energy is flowing into your target.  When it feels right, add another sense, perhaps the Visual, and later the Auditory.  Do not get hyper technical with the energy flow… let the Force (and your subconscious/Higher Consciousness) drive the bus so to speak… it knows best what goes where and how little or much energy is necessary to heal.

Whack as it may sound… you are establishing energy flows and ‘structures’… building an energy foundation which helps make future practices easier.  Later on, you can learn to sense other structures and tap into those to help heal, shield, etc.

concepts from Gray Wolf, 2006

Kol Drake

A friend always told me… “do it for 3 months; THEN tell me about it”.

Once you have worked on getting in touch with the Force/natural body-Force connection, you can try creating healing swirlies.

Creating a Healing Vortex

Relax, clear your mind, and find a place where you won’t be disturbed.
    Well you could do this even under high stress, and I have, but when starting, it’s easier in a quiet place.
    Center yourself spiritually and have fun with this.  If what you’re doing isn’t fun, there is a problem that needs fixing.

Rub your hands together vigorously.
    Now, not only visualizing, but also FEELING it (the feeling is the more important), feel a clockwise vortex, just like a tornado or the vortex that’s created when you let the water out of the bathtub, to form, perhaps 6″ tall. Healing energy naturally forms the right way, you don’t have to push or worry. Many prefer to have it of brilliant, iridescent, opalescent light, but do whatever feels right.  Give it purpose with the clearest possible intention that you can.  Consider creating a 24/7 “faucet” pouring healing energy into an area to create a ‘zone of healing energy’.

You are not an empty pipe. Instead your entire Being is aswirl with the Force / chi / bio energies which you can consciously direct.  Think of your own energy as becoming an “energy lens” or “Force director” which can ‘bend the Force to a healing use’.  No need to fry all your own circuits taking on the Cosmos and recharging everyone else’s batteries when the Force can do it so much more easily.  Take your intention and visualization and ask the Force (or your preferred Diety) to energize this ‘tornado’, to make it bigger, a spot of positive healing and so on.

<b>Lock the vortex in place.</b>
    You could just see it being locked down, or do whatever feels right to have it set in place, and harmonizing with what is already there.  It can be helpful to ground this vortex in something physical, such as a Medicine Wheel or rock or next to a tree or a particular hill or dale.

Now give it the rest of its ‘function intention’- a set framework for this energy structure to exist in…. give it a ‘life date’  i.e. a date when it will cease to exist, and a name if you so desire.  So it has an intention, a location, a lifetime, and a name. Choose a name or let your subconscious assign one.  You can use contingent lifetimes, e.g. it will work as long as x is in existence.

This is similar to what you might read at psipog on “programming” thought energy constructs.  Or, tasking a ‘spirit form’.  Magic, energy or the Force, the concepts still hold true.  Take notes / keep a journal —
    Results are the only report card.  Try to keep notes on when and where you put energy forms like this.
    Many times, you will have gotten results far beyond your expectations and beyond what you might believe possible.

You won’t see the feedback unless you actively look.

Have fun with this.
    Working with the Force and getting results should never be a chore.

<i>Gray Wolf, 2006</i>

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Kol Drake.
    Jedi_Phoenix

YAY! Something new to toy with over the summer =] Thanks for sharing these Kol!

Atticus
    Quote:
    This might sound involved, looking at the printed text, but relax! Allowing healing energy to flow through you is the most natural thing in the world.

Involved they may be, but I found these very accessible even as a rank beginner.  Thank you for sharing these; I look forward to revisiting these when I have the basics under my belt.  :meditate

Kol Drake

Thanks.

I hope to post some further ‘bits and pieces’ later on.

May you all have fun Being (and playing) with the Force.  ;D

Stryse
    Participant
    Quote:

Now this sounds very simple. It is simple. You don’t need anything more than what you see here.
    It is almost like programming a special ‘energy form’ to be your servant so to speak.  Or, more like computer programming a bundle of Force to ‘do’ what you have programmed it to do.

Sounds exactly like creating a thought-form, actually.  :)    I like!

Kol Drake
    Quote:
    Sounds exactly like creating a thought-form, actually.   :)    I like!

I had to go to Google and poke about a bit to make certain I had the term down properly.  Came upon the Mystica and an article there.  

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/t/thought_forms_how_to_program_and_use.html

Yes, very much like a thought-form.

Robert Bruce goes into some detail into ‘visualizing’ with all your senses.  
    Others on the Internet have similar if not near identical methods for ‘going through the steps’…. even if they use them to connect with ‘magick’ or chi or whatnot.   I think ‘we’ are still trying to find the proper terms / words to describe fully what we are exploring… so not surprised to see more then one ‘term’ for a given concept.

Thought-forms and what I posted can also stray into situations where one can see it as ‘like’ tapping into energetic structures which may already exist.   I think I’ll be posting comments and commentary on how using energy — for healing or reiki or magick or Force work — tends to mean being sensitive to the energies around us all the time AND learning to sense and tap into existing energy structures…. and perhaps how to consider creating your own….. though it is much the same as what I have touched on so far.

Another topic is ‘making connections’… or some call them ‘links’… to tie yourself to an object or person energetically.  

Should be an interesting summer.   ;D

And hope I am not stepping on anyone’s toes as far as future training/class coursework.

Jax
    Keymaster

No worries Kol.  Even if it were included in future coursework it would be with a different flavor based on the instructor so it’s all good. :-)  And you haven’t delved into anything that I’d consider too dangerous, which is really my main concern.  Besides, it may be a while before the next force course and it’s good to have things to work on outside of class.

I’m going to re-read this again later.  Tomorrow is the start of my weekend and I’m only going to town on one day so I plan to spend time with these exercises or similar ones during part of the weekend.  Thanks for sharing!

Thoth Skyywalker
    Participant

[glow=red,2,300]Greetings all;

Great posts guys, thanks for that… I will be working on my healing energy “swirlies” for weeks to come…I hope to incorporate the rest of my training as well to get a better experience and knowledge of the Force… :meditate[/glow]

:fight

Stryse
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Sounds exactly like creating a thought-form, actually.   :)    I like!

I had to go to Google and poke about a bit to make certain I had the term down properly.  Came upon the Mystica and an article there.  

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/t/thought_forms_how_to_program_and_use.html

Yes, very much like a thought-form.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on terminology.  Thought-form, familiar, egregore, servitar, magic(k)al entity, energy-construct, force-swirlie….  all are fine to use, as, at a certain level at least, they’re all talking about the same thing.  :)  For ‘our’ purposes, a peripheray awareness of the various terms that one may encounter is useful for discussions with those who approach it from a non-Jedi paradigm, but not necessarily relevent for one’s own practice.

Its always been a matter of some contention in the occult circles… what terminology to use…  but where there is serious debate over it, it tends to be between so-called “arm-chair magicians” who don’t really practice what it is they like to debate about. 

Spirit, energy, and the Force are similar terminologies that have a great deal of overlap (if not outright synonyms of each other).  Such is the life of coined-terms… and in esoterics, its all a bunch of coined terms, so it is little wonder there isn’t consensus.   

For the “links” or “connections”, I’ve been going with the term “force-bond” as its, well, more Jedi-like.  :)

As for methodologies, I’ve seen them be as straight-forward as you describe and also far more ellaborate rituals to set one up…  Personally, i don’t find one approach to be better or worse than another.  Just depends on how anthropormorphised you want to make your swirlie in your own mind, I guess.  More ellaborate construction does not automatically translate to a more effective creation.  In the end, energy follows thought, and all thoughts take form.  Some thoughts just persist longer than others.    :ponder

Where it does get interesting though is in individual-created constructs vs group-created constructs.  The more people who participate in the ‘creation’ of the ‘entity,’ the more that ‘entity’ takes on a ‘life’ of its own.    The more people who ‘feed’ it (ie: work with it, believe/acknowlege its existance), the more powerful it is, and consequently the more effective it can become at doing whatever job it was programmed it to do.    And indeed, the more use it gets, the better it becomes at its function… just like “real-people” whose skills grow from practice.    It might be a fun project though for ‘summer-break.’    Maybe try making some on your own and also try crafting one as a group effort with some fellow Jedi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here