• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Parents often think that they are here to guide the little ones. When – in reality – the little ones come forth with clarity to guide you.
    —Abraham
    Excerpted from: Orlando, FL on February 15, 1997

Our Love,
    Esther (and Abraham and Jerry)

I have experienced this already. There are definitely things Melody is trying to teach me and show me. It’s incredibly challenging most of the time to get out of my adult brain and open to her awareness. But I acknowledge her awareness, even if I can’t determine what her awareness is. ;-)

Yoshio

That is very much true and just lately we my wife and I had been talking about a similar topic and another story from my nephew seems to fit well into here.

My wife and I had been talking about when it actually starts to happen that we lose the “curiosity” we have as children. She told me about here treasure box in which she kept a very wonderful stone of which she though, when she found it, that it had to come from maybe even outer space as it didn’t look anything like the other stones she normally came across. Later she found out that this “stone” had been just a piece of glass which had been washed down the stream till it became all round and stone like. Which this knowledge the “stone” suddenly lost all its uniqueness. I could fully understand that as I found myself similar “stones”.
    I told here that to my feeling and experiencing the ability to be curios for or about something fades away with knowledge we gain. With that I don’t mean the knowledge which actually can lead to become more curios about something but the knowledge which makes one somehow adult for the lack of a better word.

The story of my nephew had been that one day, he just had been very fascinated by lions, they had been out for a walk, he suddenly made the sound of a growling lion and my brother was wondering why. My brother thought, okay my nephew might have seen a cat or something he took similar to a lion. It has not been before the other day that, my brother had been walking the same way again, he saw a announcement, a poster for a circus on the other side of the street and, surprise, surprise, this poster showed a Lion on it.
    For me this story made me asking myself how I can get back this kind of childish curiosity which does help to heighten and sharpen one’s awareness and makes it less likely that we just blend things into each other!?

For me, once again and as so often, awareness and the ability to show an interest in and for things is the key and I do strongly feel that we can learn that from our children as they are still at the beginning of learning, exploring and experiencing everything.

Jax
    Keymaster

Great examples!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here