• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Streen
    Participant
    Quote:
    “You can travel for years and years, through mountains and deserts, and never find It.  That is because It was always with you.”

I said these words, the ones in my signature, nearly a decade ago, not even fully understanding what they meant.  I knew they were true for me, but didn’t implement them in my life until several years later.  At the time I was still an apprentice, and didn’t realize that I myself was trying to find the elusive “It” in places other than where I was.  That is the lesson I hope to empasize here, that, as it says in The Art of Peace, heaven is right where you stand.

Enlightenment is not a result of action, but a result of realization.  There is nothing you can do to become enlightened, you can only realize that you already are.

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

That is very interesting. It somewhat reminds me of a quote from myself. It has nothing to do with it really but it is simmilar. “Everyone has quick wit. Its whether or not you can keep up with yours that matters.” I wrote that on the board in my Art class and I had atleast 7 kids come up to me and ask what it meant. I just replied that they couldn’t keep up with their wit. Then three of them got it.

Jax
    Keymaster

that’s cute.  :-)

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

XD “cute” *laughs* My other quote that my art teacher liked and left up on the board for a day or two was. “I don’t fail life. I have a strong D-“

Jax
    Keymaster

Haha, nice.  We used to put quotes on the board during lunch before our current events type class.  It was fun.

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

That sounds cool. I exhausted my brain trying to think of something else witty to put up on the board and couldn’t think of one. I got an award in the fifth grade for quick wit. I am not sure if that was a complement of the teacher just couldn’t think of anything to award me for. Every student had to get one award a year at me elementary school. I usually just got one that said advanced in all areas or such.

Jax
    Keymaster

Perhaps you can put your wit to use here also.  We encourage everyone to share what they learn or come up with randomly.  :-)

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

^_^ Alright. I love to use wit and sarcasm. I have been that way all my life.

Jedi Lawhead
    Participant

Jediism is in many ways similar to Sanatana Dharma more commonly known as Hinduism.

Reverend Semadeni
    Participant
    Quote:
    Jediism is in many ways similar to Sanatana Dharma more commonly known as Hinduism.

Jediism is in many ways similar to many more than just one religion of the world.  Pointing to one single religion and making a statement like that says to me that its a great thing the academy is here because there is a whole lot more to know than what is similar to Hinduism. 

:rebel Rev

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here