• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jedi_Phoenix

Something I posted on my blog but thought interesting enough to share:

Every day I get an “Inspirational Message” From Neale Donald Walsch.  Today he sent this message:

On this day of your life, David, I believe God wants you to know…
    .that the acknowledgment of your weakness is the first
    step in repairing your loss.

Thomas Kempis said that, and he was right. Sometimes
    this is the hardest thing for people to do. Yet self-truth
    and truth with others about where you have fallen short
    almost ensures that you will go a long way. Everyone can
    see you anyway, why not admit what everyone is seeing?

You cannot let go of anything if you cannot notice that you
    are holding it. Admit your ‘weaknesses’ and watch them
    morph into your greatest strengths.

You will not have to think but a second to know
    exactly why you received this message today.

I thought I would kind of mull over this message today.  After going through today I noticed one of my biggest weaknesses is excuses.  I tend to blame other things or people when the situation doesn’t go as planned.  As Neale says here, working with and admitting your weaknesses can lead them to be strengths. 

At first I was confused by this statement.  How can anything that makes you weak, make you stronger??? But now I see. It’s the admitting part, the realization, the higher self awareness.  This goes beyond admitting that I make excuses to admitting something else entirely (and this WILL shock you) I..AM…imperfect! 

Oh my gosh, lol, I know, what am I thinking? Truth is, I make mistakes(or rather opportunities to grow) in order to fully understand Who I Really Am.  So if I am constantly making up excuses and not analyzing my weaknesses then not only am I hindering those around me, but me and my spiritual growth as well. 

Today I learned this the hardest way: I grabbed the wrong notebook for one of my classes and missed handing in a homework assignment.  Fortunately the assignment can be made up, but I shouldn’t always rely on sympathies of others.  I must take account for my actions and “Create” a better working environment for myself.  I must re-create the situation.

I can do this by admitting that I am working too much.  The amount of hours I am putting in is just ridiculous for a student trying to keep up good grades.  This is my weakness again: being a work-a-holic and not admitting it.  I need to let go of it.  Obviously I need to confront my manager and let them know this work schedule is too much for me! If they say I can’t cut back on hours, then I just kindly thank them for the opportunity and move on.  I’m not going to be the product of someone else’s success….

Ok, enough ranting for now….

thoughts? comments?

Kai-An
    Participant

It’s sort of a relief to admit our imperfection isn’t it? All of a sudden, mistakes are okay if we try our best, and its easier to know what to work on, and what to expect from ourselves.

One of my weaknesses is I tend to be oversensitive and take things personally and get emotional. Aside from being sensitive, which is just a trait I have, and a useful one, it is worsened by me caring a bit too much what people think of me sometimes. I hate it when people are mad at me, and I tend to take on others problems. Since I figured that out, I’ve gotten a *lot* better, because I can watch myself, and even use my sensitivity more discenringly to understand where people are coming from.

One, bravo for putting your finger on the problem- that’s always the hard bit, and two, good luck! :)

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Personally I prefer to think of it as my blind area.  Things that are not known to me, but that others may be aware of.  These things may or may not be weaknesses depending on what we want to achieve and from who’s point of view.  Something someone else sees in me that they interpret as a negative may be a positive in my book.  Or the opposite.  So I prefer to think of it as my blind spot.  Getting feedback from other people helps us to identify these things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here