• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I was just wondering who was watching the Olympics.  We have a few different countries represented here, which can make the Olympics an interesting time of year.  So, who’s watching?  What events are you following?  Is there a lot of coverage in your country? 

We’ve been watching a lot of events.  I prefer shorter events and ones where people move fast.  :-)  I also like to watch events I don’t normally watch.  So I avoid tennis and soccer because that’s the same as any other day.  Though I’ll make an exception for my women’s basketball.  :-D

So far we’ve had fun watching swimming, even if I watch them in amazement than they can even breathe.  Gymnastics is also fun and crazy to watch.  I’m always impressed by these feats that my mind can’t even comprehend.

I’m sure my Olympic experience is colored by being in the US, where we win a lot of medals.  But I was cheering for the Korean swimmer who brought home the first swimming medal which was a gold.  It’s nice to see an underdog win. 

I better get to some other things.  I look forward to seeing who else is watching.  :-)

inari
    Participant

I watched the opening ceremony on Friday night, but haven’t had a chance to see anything else since then. I’ll probably try to find the Wushu demonstration sport aspects, and the equestrian. I also had the idea of looking for ripped torrents for the sports I like…hey, maybe I’ll check that out right now.

*pause*

OK using the search for Olympics at MiniNova shows a good range of sports, and the day they were posted. Thankyou again to all our friends who upload torrents to share there!

Jax
    Keymaster

Did you enjoy the Tai Chi at the opening ceremony?  That was amazing. 

I hope to catch the Wushu and equestrian.  Saber was pretty crazy, it all goes so fast it’s hard to see.  Swimming and gymnastics has a lot of the attention tonight, but that’s interesting.  It’s good training actually, as I have to make sure I breathe!  :-D

inari
    Participant

They looked like they doing a ‘routine’ of Tai Chi rather than a specific form, though I did recognise a good bit of Chen style.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here