• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ndeplitch
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    For those of you who run your own sites, a few Jedi have taken it upon themselves to create a site and forum to serve as junction point for all Jedi.  They are looking for ambassadors from all Jedi related sites and forums.  These are the links.

http://unitedjedi.googlepages.com/home – site
    http://unitedjedi.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx – forum

If the site is run well, then all Jedi will be able to use it to find a home which fits them best from those which exist instead of starting their own site and spreading the Jedi thinner.
    Enjoy,
    Nick

Jax
    Keymaster

Thank you for the heads up.  It may take us a little time to write something up for you to list us, as we’re in the middle of other things, but we’ll try to get it done before long.  I don’t know that anyone will be very active, however, though if someone does want to keep an eye on things they are welcome to. 

You should also pass this on to Chris at the Jedi Temple: http://jeditemple39003.yuku.com/

Aslyn
    Participant
    Quote:
    For those of you who run your own sites, a few Jedi have taken it upon themselves to create a site and forum to serve as junction point for all Jedi.

I apologise for sounding cynical but, really, another one? That’s what, the 100th such site we’ve had come into existence in our 15-year history? And how is it that every time one is created, we lose another four websites? Members get ticked off and go and sulk, people argue over the most ridiculous of minutiae, and as usual, nothing gets done. And, really, you gotta love the “everything’s different now, this is a whole new step forward for the Jedi Community” thing that every single site tends to throw out there. The irony being that people think that, but it’s been done before. Many, many times before.

Jax
    Keymaster

While true, from what I saw at this website it doesn’t require participation beyond stating what your website focuses on.  At this point it’s basically a list of active websites along with contact information to reach that site.  Is it necessary?  That depends.  Since it isn’t requiring any site to do much of anything, it shouldn’t result in losing sites, since that is often the case when sites merge, not just by listing sites in one place.  Will it do any good?  Eh…history has shown it doesn’t matter too much but it also doesn’t hurt. 

Aslyn
    Participant

Well, my thing is we’ve got like 10-20 directories already out there. Hell, now the directories are more likely to list other directories than they are actual content-based sites.

Jax
    Keymaster

Perhaps, but that’s their choice to make.  If they feel they can do it better, then let them try.  So long as it doesn’t require us to shift our focus from our primary task, then it really doesn’t matter one way or the other. 

Setanaoko
    Participant

If I may.  United Jedi really doesn’t require much participation-but it would be nice to have someone that could represent the council.  If you wanted to appoint someone to keep tabs on it,  the ambassador does not necessarily have to be the administrator of the site, just someone that the administrator deems capable of representing IJRS.  As it stands, the proposal is that once a year everyone will gather just to keep a line of communication.

May the Force be with you,
    Setanaoko Mizu Oceana

Jax
    Keymaster

Thank you for the suggestion.  We’ll consider it, but right now I don’t know that it’s in our best interest until we can actually explain more than ‘we’re working on curriculum’.  Once we’re getting that all rolled out then I’m sure we’ll visit a lot of other places to spread the word.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here