• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Voidhaunter
    Participant

So here I go, first fitness journal.

First I thought about doing a 5×5 but I don’t like off days. So maybe I would have planned cardio workouts on my off days but I thought that wasn’t necessary becaause I’d already move more than before if I would fitness every day…

So after some surfing and going to the gym this week – I did a split over three days with a of day between evry day, and yes, I want to have a “busier” schedule – I found the workout routine from Arnold Schwarzenegger. It looks like this:

DAY 1, 3, 5
    AM: Chest, back
    PM: Legs, Abs

DAY 2, 4, 6
    AM: Shoulders, Arms
    PM: Rest

DAY 7
    Rest day

So I took this and combined with my current workout, next is what I am going to do next months!

Voidhaunter
    Participant

DAY 1: CHEST, BICEPS, ABS
    Warm up
    Bench Press
    Dumbbell Press
    Standing Barbell Curl
    Alternating Dumbbell Curl
    Plank

DAY 2: LEGS, SHOULDERS
    Warm up
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Shoulder Press
    Bent Over Raises
    Dumbbell Front Raises

DAY3: BACK, TRICEPS, ABS
    Warm up
    Lat Pulldown
    Bent Over Row
    Tricep Rope Push-downs
    Small Bench Press
    Plank

And this repeated for two times a week. I have for every body part 2 exercises except for shoulders because shoulders exists in three parts and you cant just train only one part of them. Also my abs one exercises because abs are also trained during other exercises.

Voidhaunter
    Participant

Couldn’t do monday so I’m mixing things up for the next two days.

19/04

Bench press (bar only)
    11x20k
    13x20k
    13x20k

i wanted to achieve a set of 15 reps at the end but my last set ended in failure.

Standing barbell curl
    15x10k
    8x15k
    8x15k
    Next goal: 3x15x15k

Alternating dumbbell curl
    15x4k
    15x4k
    15x4k
    ended in failure

Shoulder press (machine)
    10×6.6k
    8×6.6k
    8×6.6k
    Shouldn’t do this on the same day as biceps and chest, I think this made the reps lower and made me get to failure much faster!

Dumbbell front raises
    15x6k
    15x6k
    15x6k
    Heavy as hell

plank
    1x20sec
    1x15sec
    Couldn’t do more, I don’t want to go to heavy on my abs, I need my core for my compound lifts.

Jedi_Phoenix

For the shoulder press, thats probably exactly what happened. If it is the machine, I believe it uses more muscles than just your shoulders, including your biceps. Since they share common attachment points, this can cause strain on muscles, leading to harder reps.

I’d encourage you to get the idea of ‘failure’ out of your head. You aren’t failing when you can’t complete a set, you are learning. Exercising is more than hitting a certain amount of reps and then hitting the shower. Exercise is learning to listen to your body, learning your limits, learning what you like and don’t like, etc. So its not failures, just where your limit is. :) And those limits will be pushed as you work out more and get stronger!

Jax
    Keymaster

Keep in mind, strength is not built lifting, but in the time after – the rest period. You might enjoy reading Tim Ferriss’s book 4 hour body. He explains how to approach fitness based on your goals. Another option is Level Up Your Life, http://www.amazon.com/Level-Your-Life-Adventure-Happiness/dp/1623365406/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461105947&sr=8-1&keywords=nerd+fitness.

Ultimately, a little extra knowledge will go a long way toward meeting your goals. :-)

Voidhaunter
    Participant

Yeah that is what I mean, just using a word / term that is commonly used in the fitness world. In the end it is just about pushing yourself: 1 more rep, a little bit more weight,… But thanks to point it out, it’s indeed a good thing to find out what I really like. I’m not sure about all those exercises for example, over time I’ll probably add some other exercises and delete others.

Interesting link Jax, I’ll try to look into it.

Jax
    Keymaster

Sounds good!

Voidhaunter
    Participant

It’s wonderfull how I’m much more in tune with my body than a year ago. Im sick and today I just felt that I needed rest and a lot of water. I kinda slept the whole day, something I normally can not do so I really needed it. Hope this listening and understanding will get better because I still have eating problems…

Jax
    Keymaster

Don’t worry about the eating side of things right now. Just try to listen to your body. Ask it what it requires and give it that.

Voidhaunter
    Participant

Almost over the cold bu have a blocked shoulder. Anyone an idea what I can do with this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here