• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I’ve just had an odd day, and feel like sharing some thoughts on the path.  Feel free to ask questions because this may not make as much sense as it does to me.

You hear a lot about balance on the Jedi path.  We need to balance the mind, body, and spirit and become greater than we are now.  The trouble with balance is it’s very hard to train because it encompasses…well, everything!  So you pick and choose.  Perhaps you start with the physical because you either enjoy it or haven’t done it in a while and desperately need to.  Maybe you’re more mentally focused, so you read books in many different areas.  Maybe you’re more spiritual minded and engage in pursuits that feed your soul.  Wherever you start, you know that in time you have to get to the other areas as well.

I’ve always tried to train many things at once.  When the physical opportunities arose, I took advantage of them.  I tried to choose wisely so I was not training in just the physical, but usually the spiritual as well.  I learned what I could about energy and healing and getting to know my energy body.  And the spirit has always been there, driving much of my growth.  And now, after all these years, I’m finding some of the most fundamental things are still problematic. 

Take sleep for instance.  Something so simple, yet clearly so complicated.  I’ve gone to various doctors recently trying to make sense of my inability to get restful sleep.  They put electrodes on my head and something on my nose to measure breathing.  They didn’t really find what shows itself when in my own bed.  I saw another doctor who said there’s nothing physically wrong with me.  But they don’t have any ideas as to why I can’t sleep.  And I find it funny – no answers, so I get to figure them out for myself.  And that’s where I feel the Jedi path has served me.

I have learned there are many ways to approach an issue.  For instance, with health there is always the physical and the energetic.  Faster, more thorough healing comes by addressing issues from both sides.  Unfortunately there aren’t many roadmaps to do this.  It seems to me there is a great need for a revolution in medicine, where doctors start to understand there are things they don’t know, and can’t test with machines necessarily.  That addressing the whole person instead of a symptom would bring about healing on all levels. 

So, bringing that all back to the point – I find it amusing that 6 years into this conscious walking of the path, I’m back to the most fundamental basics.  Bringing my Self into balance so I can sleep and be healthy. 

In the end, I think when you train for balance, you are basically training the same things with a different focus. 

inari
    Participant

For me, because of the time I’ve spent training in traditional chinese medicine, balance for me always seems to entail the balance of Yin and Yang, in activities, food, wake and sleep time etc. Not necessarily a Jedi concept, of course, certainly not analogous to Light and Dark sides, which I have heard it referred to as well. It’s hard to explain, it has taken literally years to get to the point where I can understand the world in terms of these concepts, but I find that it works well for me now.

Which probably isn’t very helpful to anyone else lol.

Jax
    Keymaster

Oh, good point!  I wasn’t speaking of balance between dark and light in the traditional sense which is grossly misunderstood many times.  But yes, trying to balance those aspects as well – the masculine and feminine, hard and soft…  It’s too bad you’re so far away Inari.  There’s a ton I’d like to discuss but that are specific to us.  Guess I’ll have to find someone as awesome as you locally :-)

Jedi_Phoenix

I’ve  noticed that I have the sleeping problem, but I notice it through out the day as I get progressively more tired and then all of the sudden I’m floored with exhuastion.  I’ve also noticed that I used to get up at 9 or 10 and be able to do my meditations and stuff- a nice way to start my day. 

Now, I’m sleeping in more, yet I’m STILL tired.  So balance is definitly key.  Its just the method of achieving that balance that I have trouble with. So any suggestions would be great.

Now that I digress, as for keeping balance in ALL aspects of our lives, both physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and energy wise: it helps for me to interrelate things.  For example, I do Tai Chi Chaun.  This is a form of physical exercise, yet one of the concepts is that you must learn to work from your center, to have a center for that matter.  At first, I used to only apply it to Tai Chi, but then the bug of inspiration bit me, and I came to understand I could apply that to my daily life when I become emotionally stressed or need spiritual inspiration. 

Jax
    Keymaster

I think energy balance is so difficult for us because we haven’t been taught about it until this late in our life.  So we’re trying to figure out a part of our self that has remained dormant from our consciousness. 

In general, the more you can tune into that quiet voice of inner wisdom, the more you’ll know when to sleep, when to eat, etc.  It takes time though.  One thing that I think works, but I haven’t applied well yet, is to sleep as much as your body thinks it needs.  But then, while you’re awake, do some stretching, then tai chi, yoga, or qigong – whatever stimulates your energy.  I think if you follow this pattern you’ll be able to find your natural biorhythms pretty well.  I could be wrong though.  I think it depends on the individual as well. 

Inari, what do you think?  You have the most energy training of all of us.  :-)

Chris-Tien Jinn
    Participant

The question is so very individual, and I assume you’ve ruled out any kinds of disease …

But I often start with basic questions such as – how are you breathing and are you drinking enough water?  Very basic – not at all fashionable – but problems with the fundamentals are often to blame for low energy.

Jax
    Keymaster

I drink a ton of water – usually 4 liters per day, and that’s without exertion.  And I’ve recently had my thyroid and pulmonary function tested, there’s nothing physically wrong with me.  I have, however, had a chance to get a tiny bit of information out of spirit guides who mentioned that I don’t store energy well, though it flows really easily.  They weren’t really allowed to say how I can fix that, it must be one of those things I have to figure out on my own. 

I do agree, though, that it’s good to rule out physical causes as well.  Keep in mind that physical problems always have an energetic counterpart so energy work is always helpful.  :-)

inari
    Participant

For Phoenix, I’d suggest that he stop sleeping in and develop a more regular sleeping/waking pattern, for starters, then look at diet.

Jax
    Keymaster

But you have to be careful with the sleeping thing.  There are definite times when we need more than 8 hours of sleep.  I have been told by my guides that when undergoing big spurts of spiritual growth, I (and perhaps everyone) need more sleep.  That’s why it’s important to pay attention to how you feel.  Also, I recommend doing things during the day then to keep your energy moving so you aren’t slowing your body down to a crawl.  But I’ve found that if you are supposed to be sleeping more for a few days, it doesn’t lower your mood or metabolism and often improves them.

However, I should add that it’s better to go to bed earlier to get more sleep than to sleep in later.  Our bodies are wired to be up during daylight and to sleep during darkness, so the more you can do this, the happier you will be overall.  I’m still struggling with this part, as it’s so easy to just stay up a little later to get more done.  It’s a bad habit that I have to break, and I’m sure most others deal with this as well.  Life is all about the application of what we know.  :-) 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here