• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chavic
    Participant

While skimming various Jedi articles on the web, I read about the Shadow Path of the Jedi, where you follow neither the Light or the Dark side but a balance somewhere in between.

I was wondering if this is still a viable belief in relation to the academy and if anyone could point me in the right direction to find more information on it.

Kol Drake

I’m still a novice here so I may be blowing smoke…

To me, White, Gray, Black / Light, Shadow, Dark…  it’s all about finding personal balance.

The titles tend to remind of the early Dungeons & Dragons alignments.. you were a ‘good guy’ or a ‘bad guy’ or ‘a neutral .. who might do a little good and a little bad but tried to stay ‘neutral’.

Being who you are and who you want to be is all about balance.  Balancing yourself and your mind, body, and spirit.  If you do not ‘feel’ like a Paladin;  you don’t have to be.  If you don’t want to be something you feel is ‘bad’;  then don’t.

I think you will find most who really are along the Jedi Path far enough can tell you that ‘colors’ or ‘labels’ are not necessary to define who you are.

Jedi_Phoenix

kol Drake,
    I’m a Novice too, but let me see if I can shed some light here.  Yes, I think we do need to find our own balance and labels aren’t necessary.  I do believe labels are there to communicate though and so that things are easily explained, but I digress.

Chavic,
    There are very few active sites out there right now for the shadow jedi.  I think many of them would encourage you to go to this site: http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index.php?mforum=sjav2 

Just go ahead and introduce yourself there, make some posts, fuel the discussions; other than that its not very active as a group.  Also I believe ThezNudSJk (may be off with the username, sorry =[ ) also frequents our site, and he is a shadow jedi I believe as well.

As for the shadow perspective itself: I don’t think they take that “neutrality” stance anymore.  This path was incarnated at the Force Academy way back when and has since evolved….that being said they do focus on balance, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t “neutral”, though again I could be just as wrong as Kol lol….

Again, I like how Kol put it though, in the end it is up to us and how we wish to connect with the Force and how we wish to align ourselves; its all perspective “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure”

I wish you luck on your search, and if you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or pm either myself or im sure one of the faculty would be able to help as well =]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here