• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JKBarger
    Participant

Does anyone know anything about the “Jedi Flow” technique?  I found it on wookiepedia and it says:

-Jedi Flow
    From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki.

Jedi Flow was a game taught to young Jedi Padawans. It helped hone their senses and familiarize them with the flow of the Force around them.

Behind the scenes: “Jedi Flow” was based on the “Body-Flow” technique developed by Scott Sonnon.

Appearances: The Cestus Deception

Retrieved from “http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Flow”

Is anyone familiar with any of these?

Jedi_Phoenix

have you read the book? Maybe it mentions the technique in there. Just a thought, I will look into it myself, as I’ve wanted to read that book anyways.  The thing I have to remember at least is that the books are rooted in fiction and thus, even some of the techiniques may not be wholly accurate or applicable to us as Jedi.  Thos this one maybe, who knows?

:meditate

Jax
    Keymaster

I haven’t read that book, so no idea.  I do however have an ebook version of it on my skydrive.  If you’re interested in reading it, let me know which email you want an invite sent to, as those folders are invitation only.  But then you can download the zip file with the clone wars books in it, and it is one of them (just checked for sure).  Then you just need the microsoft ereader, which is free.

shamus flameblade
    Participant

Body-Flow: Freedom from Fear-Reactivity by Scott Sonnon (I tweaked the link so it was the same as going through our referral link) -Jax

hope that helps

love always,
    Shamus

p.s. just remember if you buy it to do so through the academy store :)

Jax
    Keymaster

Awesome, thanks Shamus!  I’m going to check it out later.  Might need to add it to my library.  hehe

JKBarger
    Participant

Yes! Nice score Shamus!  I’ll check it out and see if anything sticks…

Jax- yeah, I wouldn’t mind if you sent it to my jk_barger@yahoo.com account.  I would like to read what the technique is in real life but I would also like to see how it was used in the fictitious context. 

Jax
    Keymaster

Chances are the author got it from this technique, so they’re probably similar.  But we’ll see!  I’ll send you the invite.  It’ll have something about skydrive, microsoft, not really sure what in the title.  It often hits spam folders so check there.  You’ll have access to virtually everything on there, 15 gigs or so worth of music and books, so take what you wish. 

Kol Drake
    Quote:
    have you read the book? Maybe it mentions the technique in there. Just a thought, I will look into it myself, as I’ve wanted to read that book anyways.  The thing I have to remember at least is that the books are rooted in fiction and thus, even some of the techiniques may not be wholly accurate or applicable to us as Jedi.  Thos this one maybe, who knows?

BUT, many authors do tend to use real life examples in their writings when they wish to.  Steven Perry in his series “The 97th Step” and “The Man Who Never Missed” used established marital arts in many ways.  From hand-to-hand forms to sword smithing techniques ( “Black Steel” I believe).

AND.. if you ever get to read 97th and Man.. it’s worth it.

Jax
    Keymaster

I’ve looked for a torrent of any of Scott Sonnon’s writings and unfortunately haven’t found any.  The ratings on Amazon are mixed, and the people who dislike this book (and some others) make some good points.  Interesting either way!

shamus flameblade
    Participant

I am familiar with the author of the cestus deception- Stephen Barnes. He is a fantastic martial artist and every book i have ever read by him quickly becomes a favorite so as far as i’m concerned if he included it it’s good enough to me. He even states that he based the jedi flow technique off of sonnen’s work as a tribute to him. If you google scott sonnen his story is pretty amazing in it’s own right. Just my 2 cents

shamus

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here