• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

*daily guru*

Tuesday 24, July 2007

The key to the future

“The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination.”

— John Schaar

We’ve been taught to look forward to our future. Somehow, we believe, things will be better then. But the future is not available to be lived – we can only live NOW. So what are we doing to live best right now? What are we doing now that will bear fruit when we reach some future now?

“Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present.”

— Roger Babson

Kol Drake

…disconnect from the thinking mind, shift your attention from “mind to Being, from time to Presence.”

Indeed, time is the enemy and the mind is the enemy’s tool.
    We must reject them both, abandoning our psychological attachment to the past and future, realizing that a mind-identified condition is “a form of insanity.”

“Be so utterly, so completely present that no problem, no suffering, nothing that is not who you are in your essence, can survive in you. In the Now, in the absence of time, all your problems dissolve. Suffering needs time; it cannot survive in the Now.”

— Eckhart Tolle:  “The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Amen to both posts. 

Streen
    Participant

Yes!  I particularly like this part:

Quote:
    In the Now, in the absence of time, all your problems dissolve. Suffering needs time; it cannot survive in the Now.

I think I’ll quote that on my website.

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

I have been trying to live more in the present. You shouldn’t be thinking of how good the future can be when now you can stop and think of how good you can make right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here