• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Yeah, I get the “its evil” line a lot from my parents….They don’t understand and don’t want to. Which is fine by me, it just creates some stress.  :fight I’m glad that there are so many like-minded people here :)  :obiwan

Jacen
    Participant

I have a similar problem with my parents.  They also don’t understand, nor do they want to.  They are purely Christian, while I consider myself to be a part of multiple philosophies, so we don’t see eye to eye on most things.

Angelus

Hearing everyone’s stories makes me realize how truly fortunate I am to have been in a very open and nurturing environment. Even now with my nephew we encourage him to find his inner gift. On occassion he has remarked how he spoke with members of our family who have left this world. It is funny to think how some of our activities are brought up in discussion.

Me: “the other day I was connecting with nature and I think I made it rain a bit.”
    Mom: “that because you probably did. What do you want to eat?”

I can remember telling my mother how one time I was in meditation I pictured a girl. My mother then tells me that she too had see the same girl in one of her dreams. We still haven’t figured out who that person was. But, it was comforting to know that another person had the same image.

inari
    Participant

I have a different problem with my family and friends. We are all very secular, so there are no denunciations of my evil intent. Rather, I find that I get ignored when I try to talk about such things (hence I don’t bother any more) and I’m starting to be regarded as a bit odd. When people don’t understand things here, they tend to view them with suspicion and think that those who are interested are weird or a bit loony.

At best, I don’t talk about it to maintain everyones comfort zones, though it leaves me feeling quite lonely in the midst of my own family, which isn’t a fabulous thing.

Inari

Jax
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s interesting how we all learn to approach this subject with people.  I think that comes from experience, and also letting the world catch up with some of these ideas so it’s in the culture. 

And hey, at least we can all do better by our children.  :-)

Icarus
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hearing everyone’s stories makes me realize how truly fortunate I am to have been in a very open and nurturing environment. Even now with my nephew we encourage him to find his inner gift. On occassion he has remarked how he spoke with members of our family who have left this world. It is funny to think how some of our activities are brought up in discussion.

Me: “the other day I was connecting with nature and I think I made it rain a bit.”
    Mom: “that because you probably did. What do you want to eat?”

I can remember telling my mother how one time I was in meditation I pictured a girl. My mother then tells me that she too had see the same girl in one of her dreams. We still haven’t figured out who that person was. But, it was comforting to know that another person had the same image.

See, that’s how it was for me, too. Or, if there was a huge “disturbance” around the place, my mother would sometimes ask me to go and “talk” to whatever it was and tell them to be quiet.  :D

In our community,  today, it’s a bit different. We live in a very small, conservative, farming community that doesn’t take too well to any of that “hocus pocus-devil-stuff.” They don’t even like to talk about it- until they need something. Which is fine with me, I don’t have a problem with it, but I think that they must feel pretty desperate and even guilty when they have to abandon their principles just to get a little break.

Anonymous

Yeah, it’s weird. I had an opportunity to come back to TX next month. At first, my parents were dead set against it. Then, it seemed like they had accepted it. Though last night, my mom made some passing comment about my leaving that seemed rather bitter. I can well understand her POV, but why cant she at least accept it?  ???

Jacen
    Participant
    Quote:
    At best, I don’t talk about it to maintain everyones comfort zones, though it leaves me feeling quite lonely in the midst of my own family, which isn’t a fabulous thing.

Same here, Inari.  I know how you feel.

Anonymous

jumping in a bit late, interesting convo though

for myself I was torn between 2 worlds.  my blood family talked about these things and encouraged me, my adopted family dabbled a bit in speculation  of “what if…” but on the whole believed if anyone could see or hear things they were mentally unbalanced.  Such a shame because their social conditioning blinded them to their incredible abilities.  I learned quickly to keep my mouth shut, but also observe what other people were doing and how their repressed gifts were affecting them and the people around them.  Fortunate for me my blood family realized talents early on so there was always some one teaching me, to help me understand the things I was perceiving, but it did finally get to a point of frustration where I couldn’t put up with the adopted family’s repressive ignorance and gave up on the adopted family and moved back in with the blood family.  It helps so much to have a supportive network where other people understand that we’re not crazy, evil, or whatever.  I guess thats why I’ve taken Jedi Callista under my wing, so talented and yet so undervalued by her family.  Truly sad because their religious zealotry has blinded them to their own gifts and talents.

And yes I have noticed that certain gifts run in certain family lines, and as Angelus said it’s not just limited to traditional psychic skills, but could be cooking, a green thumb, or raising kids, etc.  But I also know that any talent can be developed with enough of the proper insight and guidance.  Which is also a good reason for a community like this to help each other.  We have so many resources available to us

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here