• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Many believe that Source is outside of them and that you are separate from Source and being tested in some way. But only you can cause the feeling of separation from Source. That is what all negative emotion is.

Source is never withholding from you. Source is always focused upon you, surrounding you with appreciation and unspeakable love.
    —Abraham
    Excerpted from: Long Beach, CA on February 15, 2014
    Our Love,
    Esther (and Abraham and Jerry)

This is why the phrase “May the Force be with you” always rubs me a little wrong. The Force is always with you. It’s not something that comes and goes based on some whim or some idea of deserving. Instead I feel like the phrase could be “Remember, the Force is always with you.” Or, “The Force will be with you, always.”

I’m curious, what do you think when you hear the original phrase “May the Force be with you” ? Besides wanting to say “and also with you” lol Had you thought about what it was saying about the Universe and Force? Or did you also have it not quite fit?

RiddleNox

Nah, I don’t use it.

I prefer the phrase Charles McBride came up with for his students: “May the Force Guide and Protect You.” Or, for short, “Force Guide and Protect you.”

Jax
    Keymaster

That’s not a bad alternative either.

StormyKat
    Participant

I never thought about it like that Jax. I grew up in the Catholic Church (sorta) and saying “May the Spirit be with you” or something like that–wishing blessings of the Holy Spirit to others–was just second nature. I never thought of it as saying that the Force or the Spirit was not with you…

I like Connor’s alternative.

Jax
    Keymaster

My intention was to get people thinking about something that is common in the community. :-) Glad I could do so.

Jax
    Keymaster

My intention was to get people thinking about something that is common in the community. :-) Glad I could do so.

Memnoich
    Participant

See for me I kind of saw it as, “Luck be with you”, or “may your path match that of the Force”. While the Force is always present, it’s not always behind what you do, So I kind of always added “May the Force be with you ‘in the decisions that you make'”. I guess its just an interpretation on viewing the saying, much like the old “God go with you”, in many religions “God” is always with you, but your decisions may not match those of what “God” would want, so it goes the the “Guide and Protect” variation. I agree, however that the best saying for me was, “Remember, the Force will be with you always”, reminding you to listen to the guiding voice of the Force when you need help in what you are doing.

Kol Drake

If we wish to further mutilate the concept, why not do something similar to what most have done with “go with God” —

Latin – adios
    French – adieu
    Italian – addio
    Portuguese – adeus
    Catalan – adéu

I am certain someone can make up something close to “May the Force be with you, Always” with “more meaning” and shape it into meaning… ya, that Force thing… hope it doesn’t bite you in the ass today.

Memnoich
    Participant

is there an actual spoken Star Wars language, with primer and everything? I’ve seen the fonts, and everyone one seems to speak “Galactic Common”, But other than a few example phrases, I don’t recall any actual full language built

RiddleNox

They have “basic”, which is English.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here