• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RiddleNox

“If you are unsure of a course of action, do not attempt it. Your doubts and hesitations will infect your execution. Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity. Everyone admires the bold; no one honors the timid.”
    ― Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power

Something something “Do or Do Not; There is no try”

Jax
    Keymaster

Or, the lesson as I was taught. If you’re going to screw up, screw up with confidence and no one will know it’s a mistake. This was in the context of playing jazz which arguably is more forgiving of mistakes to begin with, but it certainly applies to life too!

Yoshio

Besides the content of this quote and what it wants to teach, I first off all taught me that I have much more to learn in English language. ;)

To go along with what Jax wrote, once one of my bosses said: “A strong claim/argument said with a strong mind easily replaces a weak fact.” B)

Jedi_Phoenix
    Connor (Zeref) wrote:
    “If you are unsure of a course of action, do not attempt it. Your doubts and hesitations will infect your execution. Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity. Everyone admires the bold; no one honors the timid.”
    ― Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power

Something something “Do or Do Not; There is no try”

That is by far the laziest interpretation of a quote I have ever seen :P I remember a quote vaguely regarding this about if you are going to screw up, be the best at what you are screwing up. In other words, your attitude determines how you handle situations. We can’t control every situation that comes in to our lives, but we can control how we react to them.
    Social-Media.png

RiddleNox

I’m not sure that’s any different than Yoda’s plight. ;)

Just because you don’t like the way he worded it doesn’t mean it isn’t a perfect representation of what Greene is talking about.

Let me tell you why. Yoda is asking you to be present. So is Greene. If you are fully here and fully doing it, then you are not simply giving it a go… it is everything.

And, furthermore, it was not an interpretation; it was an elucidation. I was saying, in simpler terms, what the quotation was getting across. Be here. Do it. Or, don’t, and put your focus somewhere else.
    Not a time for games, son.

Jedi_Phoenix

That’s a much better interpretation ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiddleNox

Psh. it’s the same interpretation. Don’t try and be clever, it pisses me off. lol

Jedi_Phoenix

I’m not trying to be clever. I am clever, and that’s what’s pissing you off. =P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiddleNox

No.

Jax
    Keymaster

(side note for anyone unfamiliar, Phoenix and Connor are just being silly friends, and aren’t actually fighting.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here