• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Voidhaunter
    Participant

Hope you Will be Well soon! Good luck!

Yoshio

Although this is now all already waaay back, I dearly hope that You, Kol Drake, are doing fine again and everything went well for You!?

Kol Drake

Thank you.
    I am fine and at the ‘end’ of my recovery period… just in time to spend the last 15 hours at hospital with mom as she went through total shoulder replacement surgery. At 86, she’s a tough old bird but still…. it’s surgery. I’ll be popping in and out as she recovers & comes home to heal.

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

Good luck Kol, I hope your mom has a good recovery and everything goes well with her surgery. I’m also glad that you are doing better too!

Yoshio

As Silver Surfer said, good to hear that You are doing fine and all the best for your mother!

Kol Drake

Thanks for all the well wishes on my behalf.

On a darker note —
    My mom (86) went in for total shoulder replacement surgery on a Thursday. She was home Friday afternoon! (Modern medicine is actually amazing!)
    Sadly, barely 36 hours later, she is back in hospital. She had a major stroke which has blown her ‘speech centers’… she can’t talk and barely grunt. No limb strength loss or cognitive losses (as far as they can tell) — just — boom — can no longer communicate verbally.

SO.. I will be in and out these next few weeks (months) as the family explores the wonderful world of ‘the brain’…

Yoshio

In what is possible, all the best for your mother and for all your family. I don’t really know what else to say as I’m not very good in those things. But my thoughts go out to You and your family.

Jax
    Keymaster

Kol, if you feel like it would be ok for her, ask the energy called Circuitry to run on her brain. This can speed up her healing and help her regain some communication. I wish you all the best. It’s a challenging situation.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here