• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

This is my meditation journal. My first entries for the next few weeks to a month maybe will be in relation to the Meditation 101 course work. Any other meditations I do along side or after the coursework will be documenter here. Feel free to leave comments and or advice.

Tai

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

Decided to have a lie down after feeling a little tired from an early start. I hit the matress and thought that it would be a good time to try out the first meditation exercise in the meditation 101. lying down, putting hands on stomach, etc.

So im lying down and I pay attention to my breathing. I was suprised that my mind wasn’t trying to wonder off but im glad I was able to focus. I noticed that whilst I was breathing I could feel my shoulders moving. As I warmed my hands and relaxed my stomach I noitced my shoulders stopped, and now I was breathing more with my stomach. Instead of my lungs doing most of the work i was using my diaphram.

The more I relaxed the more notacable my breathing became. I could feel my stomach getting warmer and I could feel the energy from my hands shifting into that area. Once i stopped massaging my stomach and just focused on the breathing I could feel a tingly sensation in my hands as the lay next to me. Like pins and needles at the tips of my fingers but charged energy in my hands. A very nice feeling of connection to the force.

I could feel the warmth in my stomach and the energy flowing around that area of my body. Relaxing warm energy. I am going to do this before getting out of bed in the morning, night and hopfully use this technique as a remedy for when I have insomnia. I think it’s been a very successful start in meditation 101.

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

Well I got up this morning, had a stretch and fought back my cold. My nose is running and blocked up so I was a little worried about how my meditation would go. I could still breathe through one nostril so a little strange but I still managed. I just lay on my bed and remembered the exercise from yesterday. I closed my eyes and moved my focus to my breathing. I started to massage my stomach and warm my hands and I coud feel my breathing become more relaxed and a lot more natural. It didn’t take long before I could feel that tingly sensation in my hands and my stomach. I warmed my hands and rested them on my stomach a few times and then just put my hands below my belly button and felt the sensation. I have noticed that it didn’t take as long to get my breathing coming from my diaphram rather than my lungs to shoulders. Yesterday it took a little longer and felt a little strange at first. Im glad it’s starting to come more naturally.

I could feel the flow of energy, the warmth of the sensation and my body relaxing with it. A very refreshing feeling in the morning. Im going to do this again tonight, and tomorrow morning and then move on to the second exercise of meditation 101. So far a great start.

jdmcowan
    Participant

You’re doing great. Now focus on getting the same relaxation in the stomach area without using your hands.

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

Thanks. I will try that tonight.

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

Yesterday night before bed I did the same meditation exercise but without usuing my hand. At first it was a little hard to get to grips of. However It didn’t take long for me to start feeling the sensation. My breathing started from my stomach so I was suprises that I wasn’t breathing from my chest. Must be muscle memory kicking in. I only managed to do this for a few minutes as my flu is making it very difficult to breathe and not cough. Over all it was good. I had a very good night sleep after doing it. Felt the sensation until I drifted off.

I did not meditate this morning because it was very difficult to breathe and my nose is choked up, my chest very dry and keep sneezing. If anyone has any tips on how to meditate while full of the flu that would be good to hear.

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

At my mothers and decided to nip for a shower and shave. Facial hair getting a littl to long lol.

I thought I would try the same meditation exercise but differently. Instead of lying on my back I was standing in the shower, eyes closed and letting the water flow down my body. The sound of the water was very relaxing. It didn’t take long before I could feel the force throughout my body and my hands. My meditative breathing is becoming a lot easier to do and feeling the force through meditation is a lot quicker to feel and the sensation is stronger.

I think I will move onto the next exercise tomorrow.

Kol Drake

Many advocate the ‘shower’ meditation moments. As you note, the water sounds, the water sensation, etc… allowing ‘everything’ to flow down and wash away… can be relaxing. Heck, water droplets have an electric charge which has been found to be beneficial so, very useful.

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

Looks like I might be showering a lot more often lol. Not that I don’t shower often already lol you know what I mean :P

taidavrikaurvan
    Participant

A nice meditation before bed, I didn’t get a chance to this morning because of my flu really fighting me. Tonight however I am not feeling as bad so decided to try the next exercise in meditation 101. I sat on a cushion legs crossed, Full and half lotus cause me to much pain so I just cross one foot over the other and that is comfortable. My mind is very heavy tonight, the heat, illness and all todays thinking has over loaded my head, I decided to use some heavy rain and thunder music during my meditation. I hope that is ok for the meditation 101 exercise. It makes me easier to relax and easier to relax my mind.

The meditation lasted around ten minutes. The first minute or two I had to move about a little as the cusion slipped out from under me. I find when i am sitting for meditation I don’t really know where to put my hands. I have tried on my knees, one ontop of the other, palm up, palm down, it feels a little odd trying to place them. Ill figure it out eventually.

The meditation went well. I find it easier to do the abdominal breathing while sitting rather than lying. It didn’t take long before I could feel the sensation in my stomach which tonight felt quite dense. My hands i think may be a core spot in my body, I can feel energy in them very easily and I can also feel strong energy outside of meditation practically on instant. Will need to investigate that further.

My mind was picking up thoughts now and then but I expect than now and again. I feel it is easier to meditate in the morning than at night. My head seems fuller at night.

During the meditation I started to feel quite hot. I don’t know if it’s my flu, the room temperature or the energy was generally hotter. My heart rate was a little faster tonight and took me a minute to get my breathing under control.

I feel that meditation is becoming easier. I am finding it easier to relax, control breathing and feel the energy sensation. It feels good to feel the force’s energy. Very refreshing. I will do this meditation again in the morning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here