• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m really excited about this study group and I can’t wait to begin! :D

So, I thought it would be a good idea to post the structure of the study group in here so you can all know how it is going to go. As Jax said in another thread, its pretty easy going… one chapter a month, until December, and we will finish the book in December. Therefore, we start reading in March, and we come together at the end of each month in the chat. There we can discuss insights, question, applications and well, anything you want to discuss about the book… including how it relates to the Jedi Path! :P

Angelus

And if you don’t already have the book, you can purchase it through our bookstore. (Go to the navigation bar at the top of the page. Click on “Bookstore.” You will find it available under “Study Groups”.)

As we are an associate with Amazon, every time you purchase through the bookstore, we get a small percentage. Every bit helps us fund this site and give you plenty of user-friendly features.

Jax
    Keymaster

As I was reading the book last week I think the chapters are quite short, so perhaps we should consider doing 2 chapters a month? This clears the book quicker, and I suspect we’ll end up talking about more than just 2 chapters anyway. Thoughts?

Ying
    Participant

Yes I agree, I have the audio book and it takes only around an hour or so for one chapter, so reading/listening to two chapters is easy-peesy.

Atticus

So given how last week’s chat went, should we read chapters 3 and 4 for the May session, or 2 and 3?

(I am very much enjoying this study group, by the way. Thanks to all for the insights, and thanks Ying for getting this rolling.)

Angelus

I think going through chapters 2 and 3 would be safe. Most people were only able to read through chapter 1. Also, it seemed like we were able to fill up 2 hours with just that chapter.

JBar
    Participant

My apologies for missing the chat, my work schedule and unpredictable work load does not always allow me time to use the internet. I have read ch 2 will review it and read chapter 3

Jax
    Keymaster

No problem Jeff. I also had to miss most of it due to family responsibilities.

And I agree, lets focus on chapter 2, and if we have time, chapter 3. But there’s a lot more than I realized to them when I suggested two chapters. :-P

Ying
    Participant

Yes I agree, our focus should be on Chapter 2. We won’t do 2 chapters at once but a little discussion for those who have read ahead doesn’t hurt :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here