• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

As I connect with people more and more on sites like facebook, I’m wondering how many other people use them.  I started with myspace, but now find facebook more fun and useful for reconnecting with people and staying in touch.  It’s actually turned into a virtual class reunion for me, reconnecting with a lot of people from high school, which is interesting.  If anyone here wants to add me as a friend, feel free. 

For those who use the sites, do you think we (the Institute) should have a presence there, as a group?  What would be useful for you?

inari
    Participant

As I’m sure you’re aware Jax, I haven’t bothered with Facebook or other sites like that (ok, except for Star Wars Space but I haven’t done much there yet). I find I just don’t have the time to be bothered with them. If there was some demand for it though, I would.

Xhaiden
    Keymaster

I have an account on both but have never used facebook aside from creating the account as I was working on doing it for one of my websites. I have a personal myspace account and one for my website just to help in advertising. Otherwise I just use the myspace to stay in touch with a couple of good friends from high school. So I might check it once a month if that often unless I get an email letting me know some activity has happened on my account.

Silver Talon
    Participant

I have Myspace, Bebo, Facebook and LinkedIn but I don’t log in too often to any of them. I dislike them because they are too cluttered. It’s easier to experience real communication through Instant Message, Forums and E-mail than it is to communicate through a networking site. Many people will send games and all that other junk on the networking site because they get something in return, like access to better features of the game, where they wouldn’t normally communicate with you at all.

Jax
    Keymaster

Very true.  The one thing I like about facebook (and which can also be a drawback) is you can see other people’s public conversations and can jump in on them.  At the same time, I find I don’t really use the other features, like groups except to just make a statement of what I’m interested in.  But, if other people actually keep up with groups, then I’d consider forming a Jedi Realist group to help pass the word.  Realistically I don’t think it’s worth the time at this point, but I’m open to being proved wrong. :-)

Jedi_Phoenix

I have a facebook account (And a myspace one, but i’m sure its been deactivated by now).  Like Inari said, if there was more of a demand for and by facebook users, I might participate on it more. 

Personally I use a blog (though not as regurlarly as I should) 

Aslyn
    Participant

I also use Facebook, as well Jackie is aware.

The Great Hulking Scotsma
    Participant

Well i am terriable i`ve got myspace, facebook, tagged, netlog, bebo and various others that i can`t remember the name cos i don`t use them that much.

anyone who wishes to add me on facebook you can do if so wish just add a personal message so i know who you are lol

shamus flameblade
    Participant

Well as one of last years goals was to come more into the technilogical(sp) age I created a myspace account. Since that time it has really helped me keep up with the day to day lives of my family by choice who are across the state from me. I think a public page that could be accessed by anyone would be an addition to our cause. For example it took me forever to find the academy again. Just my 2 cents.

love always,
    Shamus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here