• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Adana
    Participant

I have been busy with work and family. My son keeps me on my toes, of course… ;D

My mother has been in the hospital which is not easy for me since I have no way of going to Germany at this time but I have been in touch with her via phone and my father as well who is holding the fort at home.

Due to an ice storm Thursday night we have had no power and my son and I are currently camping out at our office which has a furnished room upstairs. At least we’ll be warm until we can move back into our apartment. It is amazing how people have kept their spirits up and I noticed that many have begun to communicate better and help one another. We are not sure when power will be restored especially in the more rural area of NH and ME but hope we’ll be back on track by Monday at the latest.

Jax
    Keymaster

Wow, the joys of winter…Perhaps you can make up some games with your son to make the time pass more enjoyably.  :-)

Adana
    Participant

We have and luckily there is a tv/cable upstairs and I have my computer.  ;D

shamus flameblade
    Participant

well…
    My life seems kind of tame compared to everyone else. I have been unemployed since October and even after close to 500 applications and 4 interviews remain so. I have now gone through my savings and am eating out of my pantry exclusivly. However, this has caused a change in my heart. Let me explain- the last interview I had was with my county human services department. The gentalman I interviewed with made the statment that he really wanted me but the fact that I had no 4 yr degreemade it so that his hands were tied by the hiring process. Now at first I was mad at the why interview me if I am not qualified to have the job thought but then I meditated about it and what came to me was to “ignitethe flame of knowledge within myself”. Now I am self studied in a variety of subjects so I had to think that this meant that I am suposed to return to college. so…. drum roll please…. I will be returning to school starting in Jan. I am dual majoring in counseling psychology as well as spanish with an emphasis in secondary education. With the credits from when I was a student 12 yrs ago I will be done with both of these in 2 and 1/2 years. The only down side is I have to do some classes over for grade improvment from when I was young and dumb. At 35 it will be interesting to be in class with these kids roughly half my age but I am excited to go back to school. Any way that’s it for me.

love always,
    Shamus :obiwan

Adana
    Participant

Isn’t it amazing where life takes us sometimes? I am glad you are going back to school and don’t worry about the age difference, you will be fine. I wish you the best and hope your situation will improve in the meantimes as well. Trust in the Force and your abilities and you will make it.

Jax
    Keymaster

Good luck Shamus!  It’s also a good story for the youngins out there who are considering dropping out of school.  It really is important to stay in college with whatever means necessary (within reason).  Not having a degree is even worse as our economies are shifting.  Stay in school!  :-)  (but that doesn’t mean choosing a career for money, but to find something that you love…but that’s a rant for another thread)

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here