• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Lately it seems like I’ve been so incredibly busy.  Or at least it feels that way.  I guess I kind of thought after I graduated from college that I would somehow be less busy.  I am working a part-time temp job, and I thought I’d have all this extra time for things, but somehow all the “things” I wanted to do just seemed like they started multiplying like rabbits.  I knew this was the case, but I didn’t realize just how much this was the case until today while browsing through my documents looking for something I found an article I was writing that I had entirely forgotten existed.  It was something I felt very strongly about at the time and even now am thinking I need to get back to that.  But I just can’t believe my entire memory of the existence of it was completely gone from my brain like that.  I don’t know, maybe the memory got purged during my last headache session with my clinical depression issue.  I keep thinking that I need to just grab hold of it all and get organized, but at this point I’m feeling like that’s never going to happen.

Anyway, it got me to wondering if it’s just me.  How are the rest of you holding up?  The one hopefull thought I have to offer to anyone who feels that they are in the same place I am is that the Force does seem to have a way of guiding us to that which we really do need to have done.  Maybe that’s why I “happened” to have “tripped” over that article today.

RiddleNox

I agree. Sometimes I feel like my responsibilities are like a lightsaber fight…  :fight

Sometimes I feel like I am crawling out of a hole that just keeps sucking me in. I just trust in the Force to guide me higher. And, I so far, it’s always worked.

Jax
    Keymaster

It’s very easy to lose track of time.  I’m constantly making choices about what to do and what won’t get done because there’s only so much time in the day.  Lately it’s been the housework that slips. ;-)  I don’t do it often enough, but it can be helpful to make a list of all the things you need to do and then prioritize them.  Heck, just having a list is helpful because you can see what you need to do and not forget important tasks.  Good luck!

dreamt
    Participant

I am having a similar feeling as you do and I am in a similar boat. Just graduated from college and currently working a full-time job that doesn’t take a lot of time. But I don’t find myself less busy either. I think the problem, with me at least, is that as I look at the demand of my job, I know I will have a lot of free time. Thus I have a very high expectation of what I should learn, read and accomplish with all the free time. Sometimes my expectation becomes so high that it overwhelms me. This is when I need to tell myself to step back, take a breath and be realistic.

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

That’s a very good point dreamt.  I had never thought about that, but I bet I am doing the same thing.  I have three classes that I signed up for in the summer just for my own “fun”.  One of them was cancelled because not enough people signed up, one of them I attended, and the last one I dropped because I decided I was overdoing it to have added it now and it’s actually something I could do later.  But when I think about it, that was really the last thing I should have done and I think it was correct destiny for things to work out the way they did.  The art class was really the only one that I needed.  I chose that to balance myself.  But I do tend to be one to bite off more than I can chew, so I’ll try to keep that in mind for the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here