• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Wednesday 29, August 2007

Smart questions to keep handy

“Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.”

— Anthony Robbins

Last time, we talked about questions to avoid. Today, let’s consider some that are truly empowering:

– Is there a message for me in this experience?
    – What’s the gift in this situation?
    – What can I learn from this?
    – What’s the most loving thing I could do now?
    – What’s the most important thing for me to focus on now?
    – What would I do if I knew I could not fail?
    – What would I do if there were nothing to fear?

“A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.”

— Francis Bacon

These quotes are supplied courtesy of Higher Awareness. They offer inspiring, thought-provoking self development programs to help you clearly understand how life and natural laws work, whilst enhancing intuition and creating the future you desire.
    Click Here For More Information:-

http://www.thedailyguru.com/higherawareness.htm

Jax
    Keymaster

Some of these questions I use on a daily basis.
    – Is there a message for me in this experience?
    – What can I learn from this?
    – What’s the most important thing for me to focus on now?

But I think it’s important for me to add the others, as it shifts the focus to something even more empowering. 

– What’s the gift in this situation?
        – This one shifts from lesson, which can still have some negative connotations, to entirely positive.

– What’s the most loving thing I could do now?
        – This starts to trigger compassion.  That doesn’t mean everything is all hugs and puppies, but to look at a situation and see what is the best solution is.  Sometimes tough love and stepping away is what is best, though the other person may not see it that way.  lol

– What would I do if I knew I could not fail?
        – How many of us make decisions based on whether we think it’s plausible?  It’s not bad to do at times, but we also sabotage ourselves with these ideas.  If I focus on how things can fail, I’m not focusing on how things can work.  We’ve seen this with the Jedi community.  Most people focus on how it can’t work, rather that finding ways to make it work.  That shift of focus might be just what we need to take this offline and create a real working order.

– What would I do if there were nothing to fear?
        – This is pretty similar to the last one.  Right now, I’m trying to shift from what I’ve been doing through my years of schooling into a field that I don’t really have experience in.  It’s a scary situation when facing the lack of money that comes with not having a job.  But all that fear only makes the situation worse.  I can cause me to act desperate when job hunting, and that turns off potential employers, thus making my situation worse.  As they say in Dune, fear is the mindkiller.  We lose our minds when we are fearful, and that’s not going to help us accomplish what we want in life and as Jedi. 

Hopefully you can start to work some of these questions into your daily life.  Perhaps write them down on a sticky paper and put it in your wallet where you’ll see it randomly.  In time it will become second nature and you’ll notice your life is more enjoyable even if nothing else has changed. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here