• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wolvex
    Participant

The Sith Path, is it evil or is it good?
    A Sith has emotions, anger, hate, love… but does that make them evil?

Jax
    Keymaster

The Jedi also have emotions.  Having emotions does not distinguish the Sith from the Jedi.  I’d direct you to the good or evil thread in the philosophy section which will answer some of this question. 

Jax
    Keymaster

I would also ask you, what do you see the difference being between Sith and Jedi?

wolvex
    Participant

I see no difference for both seek a common thing, peace. Its just they seek it in different ways, for example the Jedi and Sith Code.
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    and
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Yes they say peace is a lie but they still seek it nonetheless just a different kind.

Brandel Valico
    Participant

Though I don’t really apply terms like Evil or Good in the same context it seems you are.

I would say the Sith path is a selfish one and as such one I would consider bad.

wolvex
    Participant

How is a Sith selfish?
    They love others, how can that be called selfishness?
    Love is a weapon just as hate and anger are weapons.
    There are Sith who care only for themselves and there are those who do not…

Jax
    Keymaster

The thing is, you haven’t backed up any of your claims.  You claim they seek peace, but presented evidence that showed the exact opposite.  The sith path has always been one of selfishness and doing whatever deemed necessary for their own ends.  That doesn’t mean all actions are selfish, but it is an underlying theme. 

You’re making statements from your point of view, which is fine, but you aren’t explaining them or providing examples so we have anything to go off of besides what is the traditional Sith viewpoint.  If you explained more that would be a good start.

wolvex
    Participant

Ok here is some info I found…
    http://orderofthesith.phpbbsite.com/post130.html

Jedi_Phoenix

For me, I can’t seem to open that link, but let me try to see if my two sense confuse, I mean, er put some light on the situation lol

The Sith in the traditional Expanded Universe sense are those who believe that by focusing emotions on certain objectives they can reach a goal, no matter the cost.  They are shown as the “bad guys” in the movies to provide contrast to the jedi “super heros” and put into play that timeless underlying theme of good vs. evil.

Now, come intothe real world and the Sith are a bit different.  Yes, they do focus on themselves and if you were to go to their sites the things they learn maybe deemed evil or wrong.  But who are we to judge? Instead of focusing on what is good, what is evil, immoral, justified, what have you; we should begin by focusing on ourselves.  It mind sound selfish, but you will do no good for others if you yourself are not in a good place.  Once we have our own sense of rules, morals, etc THEN we can deem what is good or evil. 

I would always promote the open minded learning but caution those who question the dark side. Even if just for fun, learning about it can be tempting and dangerous.  Make sure if you do question it that you ask someone who may have dealt with the struggles themselves and have the wisdom to give you knowledge to your questions.

As always let the Force be your guide!!!

Edit: I was going to leave it at that, but I decided to add something else.  For the past two years of my Jedi training, I actually pursued the Sith path.  For the most part it was off and on and a mere whim of my feelings.  As I have grown in my own spirituality and the help of a stick *cough cough* and tender whapping, er I mean guidance I was able to set my self straight.  The Sith really do show only promises of selfishness.  Sure at the TIME it may seem like a good choice, but over TIME you begin to lose who you really are as yourself and turn in to something else entirely.  That is why I cautioned those who ask and ponder about the Sith path.  Its really not something a serious Jedi should even worry about.  If you have concerns about it, adress it with a faculty or a wise member who you trust.  DON”T go to a Sith site thinking you can just learn what you want and be immuned.  I did that, the questions turned into quests, and the quests turned into desires and pretty soon afterwards you spin this web of illusion that you are something you aren’t.  Trust me if ever you look for wisdom, the best place to look is in yourself!!!

Brandel Valico
    Participant

Yes Sith do love at least the few I have meet who do practice it as their path in life. But while they love their love is more a possessive love then a caring love. Which for myself isn’t really love in my mind. Love for me is caring enough about another person that you put their wants and needs above your own. Which is also why Jedi at times have issues with love as well. When one sets the wants and needs of anyone one person above all else it leads to a great many conflicts with the Jedi path even more with the Sith path (if that person is someone other then yourself. If not then the conflicts with the Sith path are far less and the Jedi path even more so)

I have a very narrow view of such things I admit. I feel words like friend and love are over used and often used incorrectly by many. I don’t consider possessive love or  desire or attachment to another to actually be love. Nor do I consider it love when only one side is placing the other before themselves. Unless both parties are willing to put the other first and thus in doing so not require the other to be something they aren’t. I don’t really consider either to be in love. If they don’t accept the other as they are at all times. It’s not love.

So perhaps it’s simply my view alone but this is why I consider the Sith path to be a selfish path. Yes again they may care for others and even claim to love them. But more often then not it’s possessive love not real love in my view. Of course the Sith path is selfish in a vast amount of other ways also. Not just in this area. But as it seems to be the focus of your questioning I have focused only on that part of it also.

I mentioned I feel friend is often over used also. For myself a friend is someone who I would trust the life of my wife and children (once I have some) to kn owing that person would die before letting them come to harm. As such I have very few actual friends but a great many associates some whom I enjoy being around more then others. Most of course don’t view things as I do. They consider a much wider range of people to be friends. Or at least delude themselves into thinking that more people then really are to be their friends.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here