• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

The website has been a little glitchy lately.  I contacted the server host and it’s being addressed.  I suspect it’ll be back to normal within the hour.  No worries.

Jedi_Phoenix

I did notice that lol, its still moving a bit slow on my end; but then again, that could be my computer at this point :noway

Jax
    Keymaster

Apparently a bunch of websites were using a commerce program with a security glitch that was being attacked.  Those attacks were overloading the server.  They should be fixed, but if it comes up again I’ll let them know.  They got back to me in less than 5 minutes yesterday. :-)  This is why I pay for a good hosting company.

Anonymous

I am writing this as per Jax’ request about the “bouncing page” after about 4 short paragraphs I experience on this site.  I use about 4 different computers around and all do the same.  Styrse I believe said he experienced the same.

Does it have to do with out accounts or what?

Basically – you can still type after you are off the space that comes-up when you first begin to post – but past that orignal typing space the page begins to bounce back up so that you cannot see what you are typing.

:ponder  Not sure what it is – but it can be a bit irritating. ;)

Jax
    Keymaster

Are you using reply or the quick reply down here at the bottom of the page?

Anonymous

The regular reply….  I just logged in on my Droid now … there is no quick reply for it and I must never use it??  Heh… 

Look – it’s really not a huge effort to wordpad longer writings first.  No worries.  When it’s a slower time I will mention it again.  :meditate

Jax
    Keymaster

I wonder if it’s a theme issue.  I dug all around the admin settings to see if there was anything.  No luck. I’m sorry it’s happening and that I don’t have time to look into it.  You can send Adam a pm though. ;-) I’m sure he needs something to do anyway. hahahaha

Kol Drake

I’m on a Mac and have never gotten a bouncing page… and you know me… LONG POSTS are my middle name… well, not really but….

Wordpad might have a limit on characters too… might consider doing a ‘more then 4 paragraphs’ in something like MS Word of Open Office… save as RTF or straight text and then copy paste and see what happens.

As for latest server issues… idk.
    I JUST now got power back after being ‘black’ for the last three days.  The tornado was VERY close and knocked over tons of trees in our area / backyard and the power lines had literally dozens of tall pines laying over or chopping lines for a few miles all around us.

Jax
    Keymaster

Glad you’re safe Kol! 

The current server issues should ease up.  I think they’ll be keeping a careful eye on our server after the past few days of trouble. 

jdmcowan
    Participant

I’ve experienced it to.  I am using windows XP Pro and IE7.  Sometimes if I write a post that goes well past the bottom edge of the text box the box starts bouncing back to the start.  Sometimes if I’m in the middle of a sentence I just keep typing and then go down to spell check.  Also, if I stop to think about something, I then have to scroll down to see where I left off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here