• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Silver_Surfer
    Participant

Monday September 26th
    Walk-40 minutes

Voidhaunter
    Participant

He, keep going, you are doing great.

I would suggest planks instead of crunches for your core. Goes easier on your back. If you really want to take something to the next level try to go from plank form to push up form and try to do as much as possible, doing like 3 sets… Combine this with squats, or wall sits and you have a good full-body WO. Also walking really adds up, I speak from experience.

P.S.: you know nerdfitness?

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments. When I do core work I tend to mix it up between planks, crunches, or whichever exercise comes up. I like to mix it up so I do not become bored. 😆

I have an app called Fitbod that I have been using, that I really like. It targets muscle groups that are not as fresh, so you do not mix any muscle group, it also is geared more toward working the whole body and not just one area. I like it a lot, it is just a matter of buckling down and actually using it. :P

I do know of Nerdfitness, I was more active on their forums some years ago, I also signed up for their fitness academy when it first came out, and it helped me a little bit when I was starting out. I found a tip, or recipe or two, but it hasn’t worked for me as well as some other things have, so, I don’t follow that as much as I used to. :)

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

So yeah….Fail. Epic. :sick:

Tuesday Oct. 25th:

Zombies, Run!
    S1. Training Mission #1

Around 30 minutes

“Training to become a Jedi is not an easy challenge, and even if you succeed it’s a hard life. ” -Qui-Gon Jinn

Kol Drake

“Epic Fail” — how?

You may not have escaped all the zombies or walked a dozen times around the world (today)… but at least you disconnected the umbilical between ‘butt’ and couch and got out for a while.

Movement is Life!
    Moving is never a ‘fail’.

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

I meant overall since I last updated, or did anything. :blush:

Today was successful, I think, since I took a step in the right direction. Or moved, like you said. :)

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

Wednesday October 26th:

Zombies, Run!
    S2. Training Mission #2

20 minutes :pinch:

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

Monday October 31:

Zombies, Run!
    Fall 2016 Virtual Race 5K
    40 minutes total

I ended up splitting this into two days because I am so out of shape

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

Tuesday November 1:

Zombies, Run!
    Fall 2016 Virtual Race: 5K
    About 1 hour

I completed it.

Silver_Surfer
    Participant

I did some workouts last week, and the week before, mostly just walking but I was too lazy to update. I haven’t done anything this week, and it is hard to say for next week. Life is…..unbalanced right now. Once I get a better handle on it, I intend to do better with my physical fitness endeavors.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here