• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kerii
    Participant

This has been an odd week… It has been fairly slow, fairly relaxed… but I keep finding myself zoning out a lot. All of a sudden I’ll just realize that I’m staring into blank space, and I’m very alert of the small things around me – but it takes a lot of energy to pull myself out of said “trance”.
    Then, last night, while I was trying to fall asleep, I was suddenly woken by someone talking loudly in the hallway – I looked at my clock and a half hour had passed since I had tried to go to sleep… but I was very alert when the noise happened. I concluded that I must have drifted into a meditative state instead of a sleep state – but I don’t know why.
    It has been a while since I’ve tried to drift into a meditative state like the one I was in last night – so how could it have come suddenly so easily? And why do I keep zoning out? I don’t understand it  :-

Jax
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t stress on this too much.  If it’s a dangerous thing, where you are zoning out while driving or at work or something, then you would need to spend more time focusing on something else, perhaps breathing.  But if you’re just relaxing, then I would say it could be your subconscious telling your conscious to take a break.  This happens a lot during energy shifts.  During these times of zoning out we are assimilating new information.  They’re necessary, even if they are a bit unsettling after. 

Unfortunately I don’t really know how to tell what is going on, or why.  But, I do know that we can control how we react to these situations.  That means to not get freaked out, but take them as they come.  It might all become more clear before too long. 

Kerii
    Participant

Yeah… its quite bizarre since I’ve been rather relaxed all week…

Any advice on how to “listen” to things during said trance? Example… last night when I was falling asleep (or so I thought) – I remember focusing on the sound of the air conditioner, to get my mind off of the people talking in the hallway which would had kept me awake. Meanwhile, the little voice in my head kept repeating “listen to the air conditioner… focus on nothing… pay attention to the darkness” – I was all conscious of that – but once I drifted off, right before I was woken up by the person screaming right outside my door, there were other things going on… but I don’t remember what it was…

Jax
    Keymaster

Nope, I haven’t figure it out.  I know that if I try to listen, I can’t hear.  If I can completely let go I can get deep enough to hear voices.  But then I’m too deep to understand and remember what they said.  So I don’t know yet.  Try not trying?  :-)

Spenserf
    Participant

That’s really interesting Kerii.  I used to have similar episodes a number of years ago.  Luckily I hadn’t learned to drive yet, because that would have been bad, haha.  I would suddenly ‘lose focus’ at inappropriate times (even while talking to people like my teachers) and completely blank or have a period of mental silence before suddenly snapping back to reality.  Sometimes these could last for a long time without me noticing or sometimes only a few moments may have elapsed even though I felt like I had gone very far away (mentally).  I can’t say for certain what your experiences have been, but what i can suggest is to observe this occurrence as much as possible.  Note when and how it most frequently occurs, what its associated with, if anything, and whether or not you can guide it, that is, if its closer to meditation, r falling asleep.  If its the latter, and it continues to persist, I would consider seeing a doctor.  But is you find its something else you might be interested with what you can uncover.  I personally found my body’s natural link to another level of focus, so to speak.  What can seem at times like ‘zoning out’ can instead be ‘zoning in’.  You just have to learn how to participate in what you mind and body are doing for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here