• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Icarus
    Participant

This is my new dream log.

Icarus
    Participant

I was at this warehouse looking place with my husband and kids. There were a lot of other people there too, and some of them were fighting. So, I told my husband that we needed to get the kids out of there. He went to get the car, but when he left, the warehouse turned into a bar. I recognized some of the people there, and the music was playing so loud that I thought it would make the kids deaf, so I double timed it, trying to find our way out.

Eventually, we ended up running down these stairs and ended up in a parking lot. Danny and the car were nowhere around, so we looked for him. Then, out of nowhere, a tiger started walking toward me. I pushed the kids behind me, and started walking backwards. I kept telling them to run and jump in the metal dumpsters in the parking lot to be safe from the tiger. When they finally did, the tiger lunged for my youngest son, and I jumped in front of him. The tiger clamped onto my hand and was about to bite it off when I woke up.

***Interesting note: My youngest son’s totem is the Tiger (and the tiger lunged for him in the dream)

inari
    Participant

Good to see you back Icarus!

Jax
    Keymaster

Perhaps you are trying to protect him from his path right now?  Interesting idea though – he may have latched on to carrie since they’re both big cats. 

Icarus
    Participant

Thanks, Inari! And you could very well be on to something there, Jax. Though, as to whether or not I am holding him from his path, I must consider this because he constantly tells me that I treat him like a baby and haven’t allowed him to prove to me that he can handle things better than I think he can. So, hmmm… maybe.

Now, last night, I had two weird dreams:

In the first, I was in this old house, and there was an old family that lived there. They kept telling this group I was with to not go up to the third floor. Well, a few people and I split off from the main group, and I found what seemed like a secret passage. It ended up leading to the third floor. The old man and woman that owned the house ended up catching us up there. Then I realized that I wasn’t “Andrea” in the dream, and instead, was a small boy, probably about five or so. The old man put a shotgun to the back of my head and said, “You damn Jews. You’re all the same.” He was about to pull the trigger when I woke up.

Crazy weird, eh?

The

Icarus
    Participant

screw my computer and my edit buttons….

2nd dream:

I was back in Maypearl, and there was some kind of town celebration. I was walking around looking for people that I knew. I ended up eating pixie sticks with a friend of mine, Shelley, and tailgating with her while her oldest son grilled some hotdogs.

But, then I realized that I didn’t know where Danny was. So, I started looking for him. This old fashioned carriage pulled up with two black horses pulling it. They had red feathers on their heads. I told the driver that the horses didn’t like the crop and he laughed. Then the horses pulled loose and ran away. I kinda laughed at the driver and walked off. Through the whole dream, there was this town celebration going on, so it was a lot like a small carnival without rides. I ended up strolling into a small building that in the dream, I remarked to someone how it looked like a place I had seen pictures of from Australia. ??? (I told you I ramble in dreams too.) At any rate, a teacher was standing there and asked me why I didn’t finish my last credits for my degree. I told her it was none of her business, and to leave me alone. She followed me and handed me a test. The test was very simple looking stuff-basically proportions and statistics, and I knew how to solve all of the problems, but she told me that I had to use the formula that she told me to use. I told her that I could do it without her formulas and she told me that I had failed her test. I told her that I didn’t care and walked out into the hallway.

My shadow totem is an alligator, and there she was, in all her glory. She chased after me, and I started to run, but then I turned to her, refusing to be chased off. I clamped her mouth closed, and after a moment, she rolled onto herback like you would see a puppy do when they want their tummy rubbed. Then I woke up.

Icarus
    Participant

Two very odd and stupid dreams, methinks:

In the first, Danny and I had broken up and he left me for one of the Jedi we all know. She was still a sweetie, but her husband and I were flaming mad and fighting with everyone in sight. That’s really all I remember, except that I kept saying, “This is what I deserve. I understand. Karma’s a royal bitch.”

In the next dream, Danny, his brother, Lance, and I were driving down this highway by our old house. We had to slow down because there was a line of police cars blocking the path. When we looked over, there had been a major car crash between two pickup trucks. One of the trucks was fine, and the other truck-the people in the cab were fine, but had been carrying someone in the back of the truck. That man was dying, and the EMT was telling the driver that this is what happens when people ride in the back. They threw some old white newspaper on the dying man, and pulled his cowboy hat over his face.  When I told the people standing there that the dying man deserved to be treated differently, and with some respect, the EMT just said, “People die. It’s just a matter of time. And now, we’re just going to wait for him to die too.”

Then my dog jumped on me and i woke up. lol.

Icarus
    Participant

I was driving with my two sons through old winding backroads, trying to get them to a football game. However, we got very, very lost. Then, Ryan, my youngest gets out his backpack and pulls out a 22 pistol. I freaked and asked him where he got it, and he told me that his Uncle Kevin gave it to him. So, I take the gun away and put it under the seat and immediately try to get Kevin on the phone. Naturally, there’s no service cuz we were in BFE. There was an old, junky looking house (like one you would see on American Pickers) off to the side, so we stopped to ask for directions. The people were super nice and when I realized the boys had already missed their game, the people in the house invited us to stay for dinner. The only thing I really remember is that I remarked on her cornbread and chicken and dumplins and told her how that was what southern food was supposed to taste like. Then I woke up.

Maybe I was just hungry, and right now, I’m so tired that I will probably go to sleep momentarily, but I feel as if there is a lot of symbolism in that dream.    :ponder

Jax
    Keymaster

Perhaps more worry that while you are trying to direct your children’s path, others are getting involved in ways that you feel are dangerous.  I don’t know Kevin so I don’t know if it literally reflects concern about him or about others near you in general.  The second part, perhaps a message to stop and smell the roses from time to time and everything works out just fine when you go with the flow.  Even when that involves complete strangers – they can be trusted too.  I know it’s all pretty surface, and I don’t know the deeper symbolism, just looking at the theme.

Icarus
    Participant

Well, Jax, the funny thing is… Kevin used to watch my babies back when they really were babies. I trust him with their lives, and I know that he would never give them a gun. He might go hunting with them, but he would be in a protective/instructional role. I think my issue was that I was so mad at him the other day, and so I associated something dangerous with him-he had just done something very dangerous, but didn’t involve my kids.  :trooper

I think you may be right about my fear of others getting involved. It’s not so much that there are others getting involved as much as it is that I don’t know these people anymore. In Maypearl, I knew everyone. Here…They’re all strangers, and though I have been very pleased with the academic presentation at their schools, I have yet to see these teachers, coaches, and mentors in a more personal setting (like sports).

Another thing about this is that we’re down to one car right now (hopefully buying one tomorrow. Yay us!!!) and it sometimes gets to me because I can’t just get up and go. I can walk to most everything, as you know. But, their schools are about 5 miles away, the sports complex is about 5 miles away, etc. And it’s been hard on Alicyn because she can’t stay after school, as she rides the bus, to practice with the band.

Add to all of this the fact that I have two big fat teenage attitudes running around here, and it’s ummmm…. not so comfortable at times. lol.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here