• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tai-Da
    Participant

“Look to the future your eyes can’t shut, Look to the past and your eyes can’t open, live in the present and you can blink.”:- Tai-Da Vrikaurvan

Jedi_Phoenix

I like this quote of staying in the present moment, but can you expand on the “and you can blink part”?

Great quote though

Phoenix

Tai-Da
    Participant

OK here is what the quote means.

If we look to the future we may get impatient or want things therefore are eyes become fixed on something.

If we look to the past we may feel guilty or angry at something so we don’t want to open our eyes and remember it again

Live in the moment and you can blink. Means by living in the moment we don’t need to keep our eyes fixed or shut. we can blink and enjoy life and go with the flow.

Jedi_Phoenix

Thanks for explaining that.  I was just curious :)

Phoenix

Angelus

hmm, a very interesting quote indeed, particularly as it can be interepreted in another fashion. I would also like to add this meaning to the mix.

You cannot shut your eyes on a future that cannot be ignored. Rather you will do whatever is in your power to prevent such occurrence (if it’s a future you don’t like) or to help it along (if it’s a future you want.)

As you look on the past, you must take time to reflect, to “shut your eyes” and realize how those events have proven themselves influencial. We can’t open our eyes until we remember the past events that led up to this point and where it might lead. (thinking of the quote those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.)

With the last part about “blinking”, I am drawn to the fact that blinking is an action. Specifically it is an action we can control it or let it happen automatically. It is our choosing that decides the result. As with the previous statements, we can choose what our actions will be. We can either learn from our past (or not). We can work to encourage the future event (or prevent it). It is up to us to determine our reality – which I think it the larger meaning of this quote.

Jax
    Keymaster

Wow, both interesting perspectives!  :-)

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Yes, it is very interesting.  The point about action is kind of how I interpret it too.  If you are looking into the past or the future you can’t take any action because you aren’t there.  In order to take any kind of action you have to focus on where you are, which is in the present.  This is the only place we can take any action.  You can pout about the past and dream about the future, but the only place you have any power to make any change or take any action is in the present.  Even planning for the future is a present action.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here