• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I was going through my oooold livejournal posts and found this quote.  I forgot how interesting this book was.

Choose your leaders
    with wisdom and forethought.
    To be led by a coward
    is to be controlled
    by all that the coward fears.
    To be led by a fool
    is to be led
    by the opportunists
    who control the fool.
    To be led by a theif
    is to offer up
    your most precious treasures
    to be stolen.
    To be led by a liar
    is to ask
    to be told lies.
    To be led by a tyrant
    is to sell yourself
    and those you love
    into slavery.

quoted from Parable of the Talents, by Octavia E. Butler, chapter 11 from Earthseed: The books of the living

David Pierce
    Participant

I have, so missed my time here.  Its nice to see the need look of the site, and of course that its still here :) cheers and happy new years!

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

That is a very interesting quote, Jax, and has a lot of truth to it.  Somehow I’m reminded of the line in Star Wars when Obi Wan responds to Han by saying “Who’s the bigger fool?  The fool, or the fool who follows the fool?”

Jax
    Keymaster

lol, also quite true! :-)

Adana
    Participant

I just read this and it is very true. Unfortunately I have experienced much of what is said in that poem as well.

Junga
    Participant

Looking at the quote I feel I should ask; has anyone other than me looked into the possibility of nominating a candidate to stand in the house of Lords as Lord spiritual for the Jedi. When laws are passed on religious descrimination and Jedi is excluded from any protection, should we not have a voice present? :yoda

Jax
    Keymaster

Well, exactly how are we discriminated against?  No one is infringing upon our right to walk this path at this point in time.

Also, just because one follows the path of the Jedi it doesn’t mean their religion is Jedi.  A spiritual path does not make a religion.

Adana
    Participant

Hmm, I don’t understand either since we are not a religous group. I have never experienced any discrimination. People might not always understand and maybe make a few slide remarks or laugh but that is something completely normal for those who are not willing to expand their horizons or are just plain ignorant to the world around them.

Andy
    Participant

If you think we get laughs, try being Muslim in ameraica today.  They get it pretty hard.

Jax
    Keymaster

Very true Andy, it’s incredibly difficult.  The day a Muslim is a prominent leader in America I suspect I’ll be long dead. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here