• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Streen
    Participant
    Quote:
    “All the answers fall short of the truth.”
    “Very good!” Vergere clapped her hands and bounced upright like a spring-loaded puppet. “Very good, Jacen Solo. Questions are more true than answers: this is the beginning of wisdom.”

–Excerpt from Traitor

runnergirl.89
    Participant

Kind of late response to this one, lol.

Quote:
    Questions are more true than answers: this is the beginning of wisdom.”

I like this sentence for two reasons. The first of which is because, it reminds me of Job from the Bible. As Job watches his family, home, crops, and livestock be destroyed he ask his friends questions. As the first friend answers he begins to ask more questions. With each new question and answer he learns more and understands more of why God has allowed this to happen. This brings me to the second reason of why I like this quote. My geometry teacher that I have for summer school. Is always telling us that “He/She who does the work will learn”. If your just getting answers and not having to think about how you get that answer or why its that way, you’re not learning. To truly understand and comprehend what has been said you must think about it and apply it to your life. If you don’t get it the first time you have to learn to ask more questions until you get to the point where you know and understand.

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant

Also in Proverbs 4:7  “The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire Wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here