• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stryse
    Participant

I thought I would share this.  It is still a bit in draft form, but is loosely based around the Hermetic principles.    Thoughts?  Feedback?

All is one.
    Ouroboros, or the serpent/dragon that bites its tail, symbolises the eternal return and that the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning, in the small is the great and in the great is the small, the one is the all and in the all is the one. That which is above is like that which is below. 

All is force.
    The universe is force in different forms. Force is movement. The force reveals itself through the seven rays, or levels of vibrations which represents the seven colors in the spectrum. The force is manifested through the elements: plasma (fire), in the form of gas (air), liquid (water) or matter (earth). In itself the force represents the fifth element (the ether, the quintessence). 

All is possible.
    All boundaries and limitations are illusions. Only the visions and force of man creates limits. To follow ones true will is the only law. Man can become a creator of himself. 

All is floating.
    Reality is constantly changing. Order is illusion. Through movement and action man achieves the life and force to create his life. Stagnation leads to ruin. 

Everything exists.
    Nothing exists. Reality is a question of energy and perception. Nihilism is an expression that reveals lack of energy. Meaning exists if energy exists. Everything can be true and become true through a focusing of the right vision though the right force and right action to the right goal.

Kol Drake

Looks like your studies have covered a wide range of areas from these ‘definitions’…

Quote:
    All is one.
    Ouroboros, or the serpent/dragon that bites its tail, symbolises the eternal return and that the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning, in the small is the great and in the great is the small, the one is the all and in the all is the one. That which is above is like that which is below.   

From ancient Egyptian to Phoenicians and on until the Greeks actually coined the term, Ouroboros.  The famous Ouroboros drawing from the early alchemical text The Chrysopoeia of Cleopatra dating to 2nd century Alexandria encloses the words hen to pan, “one is the all”. Its black and white halves represent the Gnostic duality of existence. As such, the Ouroboros could be interpreted as the Western equivalent of the Taoist Yin-Yang symbol.

I am most familiar with the imagery from ancient Norse mythology — the serpent Jörmungandr, one of the three children of Loki and Angrboda, who grew so large that it could encircle the world and grasp its tail in its teeth.

Very prevalent in alchemical circles.

Quote:
    All is force.
    The universe is force in different forms. Force is movement. The force reveals itself through the seven rays, or levels of vibrations which represents the seven colors in the spectrum. The force is manifested through the elements: plasma (fire), in the form of gas (air), liquid (water) or matter (earth). In itself the force represents the fifth element (the ether, the quintessence). 

Air, water, earth, fire, aether (or void) — Hindu, Buddhist, Japanese and Greek systems.  Aether can represent soul, heart, eternal, mind… so, lots of stuff there.  Not sure of restricting the Force to the standard ‘seven colors’/basic chakra format though.  Imo, the Force is so much more then ‘just’ those. 

Quote:
    All is possible.
    All boundaries and limitations are illusions. Only the visions and force of man creates limits. To follow ones true will is the only law. Man can become a creator of himself. 

Reminds me of the Chinese – India flavor of Buddhist ‘truths’… that reality is an illusion.  (Depending on the specific ‘school’, it’s such because a fault in our ability to perceive the greater reality’ or it really is all illusion.)  Slightly pagan; slightly ‘The Secret’.  Not saying it’s incorrect, just that it is one of many ‘theories’ on man’s place in the whole scheme of things.

Quote:
    All is floating.
    Reality is constantly changing. Order is illusion. Through movement and action man achieves the life and force to create his life. Stagnation leads to ruin. 

Ah, semi basic chaos theory… sort of.

Quote:
    Everything exists.
    Nothing exists. Reality is a question of energy and perception. Nihilism is an expression that reveals lack of energy. Meaning exists if energy exists. Everything can be true and become true through a focusing of the right vision though the right force and right action to the right goal.

Now THIS is very much a rewording of the old Chaos mages’ philosophy.  Nice to see it pop up once again.

Was not certain where this was going but ‘all is floating’ sort of put me on a track I wish to ask about.  I Googled the entire quote and behold….  all you posted is straight from the ‘truths we hold to’ / Five Elementary Draconian Principles-  postings of a website for –>  http://www.dragonrouge.net/english/philosophy.htm  <-- a group supposedly holding to ‘the left path of “going against the grain… to become a god”… a lofty goal I must say.

Reading over the pages, it looks to take bits and pieces from whatever it can find… sometimes contradicting itself in some spots.  Suppose that is the Chaos magic messing with what’s been slipped in.  ;D

Throughout the forums, we read of how the concept and principles of the Force ‘exactly match’… whichever religion/mythos/concepts we tend to understand and accept.  Not surprising to see a more ‘left handed path’ have elements which can be ‘appended’ to a view of what the Force is and how it affects all.

inari
    Participant

We have individuals here with many different backgrounds, and like Stryse said in his introductory post, our studies tend to influence the way we look at the Force. For myself, I have some training and background in chinese medicine, so I tend towards a Taoist view of the force. In your initial post, Stryse, are you putting those teachings forth as a basis for your understanding of Jedi mysticism, or as a more general ‘teaching’ sort of way?

Memnoich
    Participant

I wonder what that says about me then? I see the Force as simply Energy, and all things are made of Energy, depending on the Vibrations, some more solid then others. The Force is given it’s “Will” through the Universal Consciousness, or Akasic Records. The ability to do things within the Force is simply finding the right Vibration to make a connection, from there it is just simply using your energy to influence the energy of the other.

Stryse
    Participant

All is force.
    Air, water, earth, fire, aether (or void) — Hindu, Buddhist, Japanese and Greek systems.  Aether can represent soul, heart, eternal, mind… so, lots of stuff there.  Not sure of restricting the Force to the standard ‘seven colors’/basic chakra format though.  Imo, the Force is so much more then ‘just’ those.  [/quote]

I’d probably agree, the force transcends the limitations of our visual spectrum.  Perhaps it might better be rephrased along the lines of how it reveals itself to us as human beings.  More a metaphoric discourse though.  If all is one, and all is the force, even gamma and xrays and heat are parts of the force spectrum, even if our physical eyes are blind to them.

Quote:
    Reminds me of the Chinese – India flavor of Buddhist ‘truths’… that reality is an illusion.  (Depending on the specific ‘school’, it’s such because a fault in our ability to perceive the greater reality’ or it really is all illusion.)  Slightly pagan; slightly ‘The Secret’.  Not saying it’s incorrect, just that it is one of many ‘theories’ on man’s place in the whole scheme of things. 

Well, the whole thing is a bit more than ‘slightly pagan’ :)  Hermetic principles of magic and all, but as you noted, a Draconic adaptation, further adapted for Jedi purposes.  Though symbolically the Dragon has always struck me as a good representation of that primal force of the universe.

Quote:
    Everything exists.

Now THIS is very much a rewording of the old Chaos mages’ philosophy.  Nice to see it pop up once again.

Chaos mages pulled it from somewhere.  :)  For those who may be interested, the last line of that is fairly close to my personal definition for what magic/k is all about.  Visio Viero Actio. 

Quote:
    Was not certain where this was going but ‘all is floating’ sort of put me on a track I wish to ask about.  I Googled the entire quote and behold….  all you posted is straight from the ‘truths we hold to’ / Five Elementary Draconian Principles-  postings of a website for –>  http://www.dragonrouge.net/english/philosophy.htm  <-- a group supposedly holding to ‘the left path of “going against the grain… to become a god”… a lofty goal I must say.

the goal of apotheosis is a lofty one yes… but what is a god, exactly?  That’s always the question I have and the answers are many.  Regardless of  Dragon Rouge’s aspirations, however, the principles they’re using are far older than they are, and I believe they may have adapted their particular version from another source as well, though i’m not entirely certain on that.  Recall seeing something similar somewhere.

Quote:
    Reading over the pages, it looks to take bits and pieces from whatever it can find… sometimes contradicting itself in some spots.  Suppose that is the Chaos magic messing with what’s been slipped in.   ;D

Paradox is something one learns quickly to live with in the magical traditions.  Often it is only seemingly contradictory. 

Quote:
    Throughout the forums, we read of how the concept and principles of the Force ‘exactly match’… whichever religion/mythos/concepts we tend to understand and accept.  Not surprising to see a more ‘left handed path’ have elements which can be ‘appended’ to a view of what the Force is and how it affects all.

I don’t think I’d personally go any further than to say they parallel a great many things about the principles and concepts Jedi around the world are discovering about the Force.  There is a lot we can leverage from those occult studies, but Jediism gives us the opportunity to take a fresh look at those old truths, and put a new perspective on it.  All in all, exciting times.  An exact match though?  Hmm.  I find at least a handful of subtle differences when I try and compare.

Stryse
    Participant
    Quote:
    I wonder what that says about me then? I see the Force as simply Energy, and all things are made of Energy, depending on the Vibrations, some more solid then others. The Force is given it’s “Will” through the Universal Consciousness, or Akasic Records. The ability to do things within the Force is simply finding the right Vibration to make a connection, from there it is just simply using your energy to influence the energy of the other.

Probably would put you in the “energy worker” category if we are talking about the neo-pagan circles…  but in my opinion, their dilenations are fairly artificial.   I’ve always seen the Force at work underneath it… whether we’re talking about energy-workers, shamans, sorcerors, wizards, witches, or any other classification of magi out there.   Always an amusing spectacle too, when you get say a witch and an energy worker together to debate the differences of their craft.  :)

Just keep in mind that the word energy is a coined phrase (like so many others) and that it refers to something generally, but not specifically.   The Force might better be expressed as being a variety of energies (the plural).   On the otherhand, don’t over complicate it for yourself.   I think you’ll do just fine with the energy-paradigm you’re currently using.  Its perfectly valid.    

Stryse
    Participant
    Quote:
    We have individuals here with many different backgrounds, and like Stryse said in his introductory post, our studies tend to influence the way we look at the Force. For myself, I have some training and background in chinese medicine, so I tend towards a Taoist view of the force. In your initial post, Stryse, are you putting those teachings forth as a basis for your understanding of Jedi mysticism, or as a more general ‘teaching’ sort of way?

Somehow I missed your query.

I’d put those forth as a basis of understanding Jedi Mysticism…  whatever that really is.  :)  Certainly the basis of my approach to it, but it could serve as a ‘teaching’ tool to give other aspiring Jedi mystics a starting point to explore their own understanding.  I’m very big on personalizing your approach to the Force.  :)

They are, from their heritgage of hermetic magick, actually the Laws of Nature (at least in so far as Magic goes), but do follow a western slant on magickal theory.  I’ve read a few different versions, and this one is my favorite, probably because it gets it across in fewer actual principles than most.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here