• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

I’m amazed at how the pet food industry is falling apart.  They’re finding poison in even more sources of chinese gluten, and the FDA suspects it is done intentionally because it increases the apparant amount of protein in the gluten.  Here is a site with links to many sources of information: http://www.itchmo.com/

What I’m wondering is, where does this end?  Why is there not standardized testing of food products at some point?  Also, how safe is our own food supply?  The chinese are claiming this food was meant for industrial use, not food use.  Though, I have no idea how gluten is used industrially and not for food. 

For me, it reinforces my desire to grow more of my own food.  When we build our house in a few years, I want to have chickens for eggs, goats for milk, and a garden and greenhouse so we have fresh produce year round. 

What do you all think?  Does this change how you view your food supply, and your pet’s food supply? 

Jax
    Keymaster

I know many of us have pets.  I urge you all to go to itchmo.com and look at the increasingly long list of recalled foods.  Pretty much all store brands are listed, so if you buy generic, it’s time to switch.  Also, many other brands including premium brands are listed.  So please check the list.

Our pets don’t have a choice of what food to eat; they trust us to make those decisions.  Don’t kill your pet because you chose a tainted pet food.  Thankfully we’ve been feeding our cats purina brands which have not shown up on any of the recall list. 

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

I have always loved the idea of growing my own food. We had a garden when I was little. We had corn, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, okra…Oh and yellow cherry tomatoes. I would spend all day out in our garden, eating tomatoes and playing the cornstalks. And when the corn died off I got to take one of my swords (Plastic probably, I don’t think I had a Bokken yet) out in the back and knock down all the stalks so we could plant more. Then we moved. v.V We only had a small area for tomatoes. Then we moved again, had nothing, and we just moved again and I have SO much room for a great garden. I cannot wait to plant some more vegetables.

Jax
    Keymaster

That will be nice.  I also dream of a big garden.  Until then I have a small green pepper plant (that just got attacked by some bugs so they are eating one of the peppers, a basil plant that may or may not survive, and chives.  lol, it’s hard to do container gardening in Texas!

Alchemic_Wrath
    Participant

Lol, Yeah I bet. I love all those plants. I can’t remember what kind of tomatoes we had. I think they were called golden pears. They were my absolute favourite vegetable when I was little.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here