• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

How’s everyone holding up? My daughter is 5 and she definitely does not understand why I don’t know when school will be back in session. She misses her friends and everything about preschool. But it is what it is.

I’m still adjusting, and still trying to make money at home, but I’ve been making time in the afternoons to go outside with her. We kick the soccer ball around. Go on little adventures, and generally try to explore nature from our little yard.

My goal is to add in reading lessons/apps, and have her join in with some online fitness classes besides gonoodle and take the mo willems drawing classes, as well as some dance classes. But ultimately, I’m trying not to stress about it. At her age, things are different than if she were older.

NickD
    Participant

Since I’m teleworking, my wife is in charge of schooling. It’s been going well as the teachers did a fantastic job putting together online course work for the kids. The hardest part is to ensure they get in a routine which is beneficial to learning.

Kol Drake

As with home schoolers… it is always nice when (weather permitting) one can turn a ‘lesson’ into a field trip out in the fresh air/woods!

Setanaoko
    Participant

My son has had to learn that I don’t take poor quality work for his homework XD. His handwriting in a week has gone from all over the page to writing within the wide-lines of the paper; and he’s started to write more words than he was before as a result.
    He’s also learned that I’ll point him to Google if he’s got a really simple question (“Mom, what Continent do we live on?” “Why don’t you ask Google what the 7 Continents are?”). XD

Kol Drake

Long before the Interwebs, my folks bought a Webster’s Dictionary and the ‘new’ (at the time) World Book Encyclopedia. Any time I had ANY question.. on words or ‘things’, both parents’ would respond with, “Go look it up.” I learned more that way than being spoonfed answers. And ‘go look it up’ was a plus when I was in college!

Setanaoko
    Participant

I wanted to share this with you all. Unfortunately, the name of the teacher wasn’t included in the email-

[attachment=631]Spring Seasonal Outfits.png[/attachment]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here