• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Memnoich
    Participant

Often times as I read the Star Wars Books, as well as old Jedi Sites, I come across stories, and most of the time they seem to have something to say. In my experience, each person seems to take a little something different, but similar from them. The idea occurred to me to maybe put together some IJRS Parables to help teach, or at least help others to learn, by forcing them to think and figure out the meaning that they themselves will understand far better then any we can give. I have at least one I will post later, but I think starting to put them together, weither from fiction, or real life, would be great. I have also come across what they call Jedi Fortune Cookies, that could easily see as being useful as well, just little snippets of Knowledge, such as below:

Jedi Fortune Cookies:
    -Great leaders inspire greatness in others
    -Belief is not a matter of choice, but conviction
    -Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.
    -A plan is only as good as those who see it through.
    -The best confidence builder is experience.
    -Friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, impossible to forget.
    -You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head.
    -Heroes are made by the times.
    -Ignore your instincts at your peril.
    -Most powerful is he who controls his own power
    -It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.

Jax
    Keymaster

I never got around to mentioning that these are a great start.  Thank you Memnoich!  I would encourage everyone to add to this list with their own thought provoking quotes or short stories.  We can discuss them here or work them into some classes.  It might be fun to have a “quote of the week” to encourage more discussion though.  Want to kick start one with your favorite one?  :-)

Memnoich
    Participant

“Do,
    or do not,
    There is no try”
    -Yoda :yoda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here