• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Here are some recommended astral projection books, all recommended by Robert Bruce.  I have not ready any of these personally.  I ask that, if you read any, please provide your own opinion of the book.  Thank you and enjoy!

Beyond the Body: An Investigation of Out-Of-The-Body Experiences 
    Susan J. Blackmore

Dr Susan Blackmore is the leading academic authority on the out-of-body experience or OBE, she has had obes herself and has seriously studied the phenomenon for many
    years. Her book begins with details of the OBE from the shamans of thousands of years ago right through to the modern day OBE which is often a part of the near-death experience.

Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences
    Robert Bruce

This is Robert’s very in depth book about astral projection.  It is the ultimate reference and is recommended if you really want to get into this further.  I own this book and can look things up if you have questions. – Jax

Practical Psychic Self-Defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences 
    Robert Bruce

Is everything that goes on in your mind really you? Really your thoughts and desires? Perhaps not, says Australian psychic researcher Robert Bruce, author of the highly popular and groundbreaking Astral Dynamics. Based on more than two decades of firsthand research and experience, Bruce reports that our minds are subject to influences from many unseen spiritual sources. Some of these influences and can influence how we think, feel, act, even how our bodies function. They can make us unhappy, irritable, confused, sick, unstable, even crazy. They can interfere with us, disturb our lives, even attack us psychically. This is why we need practical tools and countermeasures for psychic self-defense, all of which Bruce provides. Think of this book as a supernatural expose for the beginner, a survival guide for those living the nightmare of being influenced by unfriendly spirit beings and forces of darkness, says Bruce. “I have lived through everything I describe and have spent decades searching for ways to survive and create spiritual peace and quiet for myself.”

Journeys Out of the Body
    Robert A. Monroe

This is the first in a series of three books by Monroe.  This book was more a diary of Monroes early OBE exit experiences.  He has not yet developed any theories or deeper insights into the Big Picture.  But this actually makes this book refreshing.  It has no bias.  Just pure experience.

Far Journeys
    Robert A. Monroe

This was my favorite book by Monroe. It brings insights into astral projection and how astral projection can be used to understand the human condition. His concepts on the purpose of our earthly experiences and how we evolve through these experiences is fascinating.  It shows us how we have mentally polluted the astral planes with our endless stream of negative thinking. It brings home that thoughts are things and that we really do create our own reality after death. In the end there is a great message of hope in this book. I loved how he blew the concept of time out of the water.

Ultimate Journey
    Robert A. Monroe

For many this is their favorite book by Monroe. It crystallizes the conclusions he arrived at after all his journeys. However, it is not easy to understand this last book in his series, without having read at least his second book. Monroe delves even deeper into his interactions with other worldly and alien consciousness during his projections. This book puts life into perspective. It helps us understand that life is a fascinating experience meant to be part of our ‘travel bag’ but only the beginning of our endless evolving journeys. There are fascinating concepts in this book.

The Art and Practice of Astral Projection
    Ophiel

This thin but meaty book on astral travel includes thrree methods of learning OBE: the dream method, the body of light method, and the symbol method, with some discussion of the nature of the astral planes.

The Lost Secret of Death: Our Divided Souls and the Afterlife
    Peter Novak

This book has some content on OBEs, but is more about the duel nature of the soul.  Novak’s binary sould doctrine (BSD) offers keen insight into understanding the nature of the OBE mind-split effect, the subconscious mind, and higher self.  It contains a lot of near-death experience case histories.  Fascinating reading!

Leaving the Body
    D. Scott Rogo

One of the few”how-to” manuals included on this list, the author summarizes eight projection techniques from numerous well-respected sources.  It includes the method that he himself used to learn to project.

Astral Projection and Psychic Empowerment : Techniques for Mastering the Out-Of-Body Experience 
    Joe Slate

Here the author explores the OBE, its use for spiritual growth and potential, and its connection to other paranormal phenomena.

Soul Traveler: A Guide to Out-of-Body Experiences and the Wonders Beyond 
    Albert Taylor

Written by a former NASA aeronatuical engineer, this short but compelling book is full of first-person accounts of the author’s OBEs.

Altered states of consciousness 
    Charles T. Tart

This serious study on altered states of consciousness includes the effects of meditation, hypnosis, yoga, drugs, and such phenomena on lucid dreams and out-of-body experiences.

How I Learned Soul Travel: The True Experiences of a Student in Eckankar, the Ancient Science of Soul Travel 
    Terrill Wilson

This book is a first-person account of the author’s pursuit to have out-of-body experiences.  This is a phenomenally good book at demonstrating the difficultuies and pitfalls of learning astral travel and how, through persistence, one might eventually succeed.

Classic OBE literature (I’m running low on time, so look these up on amazon for more info until I have time to update more)
    THE STUDY AND PRACTICE OF ASTRAL PROJECTION  by Robert Crookall

Astral projection: A record of out-of-the-body experiences  by Oliver Fox

Projection of the Astral Body  by Sylvan Joseph Muldoon and Hereward Carrington

Practical Astral Projection  by Yram

Fasting

The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fasting  by Eve Adamson and Linda Horning

Juice Fasting and Detoxification: Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great : The Fastest Way to Restore Your Health  by Steve Meyerowitz, Michael Parman, and Beth Robbins

Anonymous

A few thoughts on “Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences”. It’s a very…informative, dry and factual book. He has a neck of complicating matters incredibly. I have this book also and would personally never use it, again. He has a few good thoughts but they are complicated and it takes ages to get one concept straight then he shoots the next one right at the reader. It’s a very heavy reading, IMHO.

Jax
    Keymaster

That’s why he wrote this book, which is much more simplified.  But when it comes to looking at all the different things that can happen, especially for those who struggle with astral projection, that’s the book to go to for reference.  Not everyone needs all the details, but some do.  At least there is a reference to go to where you can expect to find pretty much anything you need, rather than having a whole lot of books that don’t go in depth enough. 

Anonymous

I found the website that had the brainwave generator that goes with this course!

http://www.bwgen.com/

Not sure if you all posted this somewhere else.  But I figured for those of you who haven’t bought the book but still want to play with the generator you can at least download it.

:mara

Jax
    Keymaster

The only thing is that the demo version has different tracks and doesn’t allow you to import tracks.  So you can play with it, but it won’t be the tracks that robert bruce is using.  That is included on the cd I sent everyone the link to on yousendit.  If you didn’t get that email, check your spam/junk folder.

Anonymous

Can you email that link to my gmail address please? Thanks! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here