• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kol Drake

Just poking about my many bookmarks… and realized I had one that is an online book… of a fellow telling of his experiments in OOBE.  ( I came across it while Google-ing ‘higher self’ — which he speaks on in one chapter.)

Anyway, it is an easy read — he also tends to have a ‘try this exercise’ at the end of each installment/chapter. 

It was interesting to read through his ‘hits’ and ‘misses’ as he learned how to ‘do it’ consistantly.

http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html

Jax
    Keymaster

Without having read it or looked at it, I’m just going to reiterate the process behind this course/book.  The goal is to slowly bring people along so that they aren’t pushing too fast and creating blocks to astral projection.  Robert Bruce has put in a huge amount of time to learn what he’s learned and to pass it along in a safe manner.  I don’t mind if people check out other resources, but they should keep in mind that not everyone has done the amount of research Robert has, and they may present exercises too fast and then you’ll make it harder on yourself in the end.

Kol Drake

Sorry…. did not mean it as a ‘step on the curriculum’…

I am a long time ‘reader’ of Robert Bruce… his Energy Awareness system and his OOBE work.

Jax
    Keymaster

I know you’re not trying to cause trouble.  :-)  I was just reiterating the point, so people keep it in mind.  No harm. 

Rekoj
    Participant

I’ve read this book, so I’m surprised to see it in website form.

It was during reading this book that I had my first OBEs.  Unfortunately they were extremely unpleasant, so I never tried it again.  Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

Jax
    Keymaster

Robert Bruce’s methods and thorough explanations take more of the unpleasantness out of it I think.  There are two sources of unpleasantness though – external and internal.  There are nasty things on the astral, especially the lower astral where people commonly visit early in their practice.  But there is also the internal sources – our own fears and shadows.  Work on those and it won’t be so unpleasant.  :-)  I say this knowing just how scary it is though due entirely to internal issues and not the presence of anything negative at all.  It just takes time and a controlled environment doesn’t hurt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here