• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David Pierce
    Participant

I am pleased to see such professionalism and seriousness involved in the training of Jedi.  This is, I believe, how it should be…  I look forward to discovering the mysteries of the Force with you…

inari
    Participant

Welcome David! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Jax
    Keymaster

Yes, welcome David.  We do our best, it’s just too bad we can’t get paid for it so we wouldn’t have the distractions of other jobs. ;-)

David Pierce
    Participant

Ahh, but you would miss the glory of going about your Nobel buisness, enriching those who only came for a hamburger but left with wisdom.  And besides, would getting payed to teach Jedi take something away form teaching Jedi?  I think so… The trick is to figure out how to do it right, and free.  I didn’t mean to get all serious, these are just hello’s after all… so hello.  I look forward to learning and growing with you.

Jax
    Keymaster

Lol, people are paid for teaching in every other area of life.  It doesn’t take anything away from teaching.  The problem is that it is a full time job to train and teach, but we can’t devote that much time because of the requirements of needing money to live.  Also, the reason this academy is as small as it is, and takes so much time to get things done is because everyone has so many other responsibilities.  In the end, that’s fine, but it would be an entirely different story if we didn’t have to work separate jobs.  We’d already have a temple and lightsabers ;-)  lol  Of course, we’d then be in trouble because we don’t have the fancy replacement limbs of star wars, so it’s probably best to go slow. :meditate

Jedi_Phoenix

Welcome  :welcome

Look forward to seeing you around the boards and in training..hopefully…one day we can have that goal of being reimbursed with all our efforts :meditate

Quote:
    We’d already have a temple and lightsabers ;-)  lol  Of course, we’d then be in trouble because we don’t have the fancy replacement limbs of star wars, so it’s probably best to go slow. :meditate

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D made me day :)

Magdelene Nashira
    Participant
    Quote:
    We’d already have a temple and lightsabers ;-)  lol  Of course, we’d then be in trouble because we don’t have the fancy replacement limbs of star wars, so it’s probably best to go slow.

LOL  ;D  Made my day today, too! 

Yeah, it’d be nice if we could do this without having to divide our attention.  I wrote myself a list of projects that I either want or need to complete today.  Some of them to do with Jedi related, and some not, but it is 13 lines long of things that you can’t just do in a couple minutes or hours even.  😮  So I understand the sentiment.

David Pierce
    Participant

Not  that I disagree, I was just thinking relatively. I would ask you, would you spend your life training with a monk to become a monk yourself and listening to their teachings with your whole mind and heart if you knew they were dependent on training you in order to support themselves?  It just doesn’t add up for me.  would the “Business” of training Jedi become corrupt if money was involved?  No I think we need to think of another way to take care of our teachers and teaching facilities.  I am sure that when the time is right an opportunity will present its self.   

Angelus

The interesting thing is that monks don’t support themselves through the training of others. Instead they rely on the charitable contributions of others. That definitely changes one’s mindset about rendering services. In my own profession, I work for a non-profit organization designing and implementing children’s programs. It could be argued that I am being paid to “train” these children. However, the fact is that money is given to the organization itself so that it can be sustained. One way that it sustains itself is by “hiring” people to offer/produce programs that increase the value of life for the community, its constituency. I realize that I could work for another organization for higher pay. Yet, I choose to be with this non-profit entity because I love my work, I love the people, I know I am making a difference. So it is not so much that money corrupts, it is more a matter of the quality of people in the system.

Oh, and welcome David.

David Pierce
    Participant

Thank you, I feel very welcomed. 

I think you grasped the exact nature of what I was saying.  This is perhaps an idea to start with…  I think I will start another post, this is kinda getting off topic for a new member welcome :)  I welcome your thoughts there as well, of course.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here