• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Jk barger has created a new logo for us. What do you think?
    14cdfe0f4be0bb9917eb755eba9c1975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augustine
    Participant

That’s impressive. Good work from JK.

Jax
    Keymaster

He’s a talented dude. :-)

Kol Drake

It looks nice. kudos to JK.

Question 1: the ‘crystal’ in the shield. I take it — a representation of the ‘heart of a lightsaber (and a Jedi)’ ? Or some other meaning?

Observation 1: Interesting design of the shield. At least in black & white, one gets the impression of a ‘yin & yang’ set up.

Observation 2: The eye tends to ‘follow the circle’, so the word sequence does not ‘flow with the circle’. Instead, it is a modified ‘S’ zigzag eye motion. Any particular reason for this arrangement? Some special ‘meaning’ to this set up? *shrugs* just wondering…

Jax
    Keymaster

I don’t find it natural to follow the circle when it comes to logos like this. I’ve always seen it as more ‘reading’ style, top to bottom, left to right. And that’s how he originally set it up as well. I can see how it could go either way. However, if it was a follow the circle thing, I would say the bottom would have to be upside down then. :-)

Yes, the crystal is seen as representative of the Jedi and the lightsaber. And I see it as breaking up the duality of light and dark myself.

Kol Drake

‘more natural’…. heh… there ARE cultures where their writing is ‘top down’ and ‘right to left’… so, what may be ‘natural’ to you is foreign to another. With more and more ‘seekers’ coming from across the globe, we need to stay aware of these kinds of things.

Jax
    Keymaster

Yep, sorry I meant to say more natural for me. I will ask him to create a version like that, and then we can have people vote on it. It’s hard to imagine sometimes. We also discussed having different colored crystals for different uses.

Jax
    Keymaster

Jacob is working on the text modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoshio

First of all many thanks to JK Barger for his work. I like the general idea a lot but I’m also with Kol Drake that, when I first tried to read it, I got irritated by the fact that it doesn’t follow the, for me, natural way of around the circle. So, for me, the current positioning of word-blocks made it difficult for me to read and figure out what it should say. I first read it as: “Institute Realist Studies For Jedi”.

On a more personal level I also have to say that I don’t like this kind of shield shape. Personally I would prefer, chose a oval one. In addition to that I also feel like as if the crystal is a bit too big and not easily recognisable as a crystal. But, as I said, that is my very personal feeling about those details.

Anirac Morgan
    Participant

Form and shape is awesome!
    It’s actually a really neat look, but I got distracted by not being able to read the full sentence, lol, due to the placement of the words. It was a bit distracting from the overall nicely esthetic look of the logo, and I think it would be better if your eyes could easily take in the message from left to right and follow the circle, so to speak.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here