Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vyndo-sei
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Upon recommendation from Kol Drake (thank you!), I read Robert Bruce’s NEW Energy Ways twice in the first few months of the year, and tried all the practises detailed in the book. I had heard of techniques that manipulate energy in the body, even had a reiki treatment tacked onto a massage once, but I had never intentionally tried to direct it myself. The closest thing I had done was observing the breath and progressive relaxation in meditative practises. I was pleased that the skills required to use this technique came to me quite easily and I didn’t experience any negative side effects. I was healing from a bad sprain of my ACL and, along with my physical therapy exercises, I noticed definite improvement while using these energy techniques. As my knee healed, I moved onto working with my feet most frequently, as I have suffered from Morton’s neuromas for seven years. I have noticed improvement in my Morton’s neuromas since beginning. This is wonderful, since these have been extremely painful upon walking even short distances. The only issue I encountered was too easily raising too much energy in the Groin Crease Centres, not surprising, knowing myself. I simply skipped that section in further work. I did experience tingling and heaviness, etc. while actively moving energy through areas, but not much at all at random times, as the authour suggests may happen while using these techniques.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>The authour takes an idea seen with some variation across numerous practises (hint #1 that this is the Force; it reflects the point on the Jedi Compass of The Ineffable) and gives all the terminology basic English labels to demystify it and make it more accessible to the layman. He explains that visualisation does not necessarily mean that we actually see what we are visualising, but that it is a creative use of the imagination. This was reassuring to me because though I have very vivid, visual dreams, when I “visualise” it is more like I am talking to myself describing things in words in my head, possibly aphantasia.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>I must admit I was skeptical that the effects of this are merely psychosomatic, but a placebo that works still works. I have used the techniques from this book sporadically for the past six months, but I tend to do it mostly while watching TV and fall back on more basic meditation styles for my quiet time rather than the full energy raising practises, but I would like to continue working with the NOW Energy System. The authour describes astounding benefits from regular practise, including psychic ability and nigh-miraculous healing, so if it is even mildly effective, consistent practise would be worth it.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>When I read this book I had barely dipped my toes into Jedi learning, but now, after recalling some of the talks I got to hear during the Virtual Jedi Gathering, I suppose the energy worked with in this technique is what we know as the Force. That does put a whole new perspective on this book, as working with the Force regularly in such a mundane way would be an excellent practise. </span>

Kol Drake

Glad you found the method helpful.

Yes, as you noted, this is a very ‘simple’ method of shaking hands with an ASPECT of the Force / our own internal energies, etc.

And, it’s not like you have to meditate for 12 hours non-stop or build intricate ‘calling sigils’ or circles, etc.   This is you using your mind to direct energy… which can take as little as 3-5 minutes a pop.   For the results, it’s time well spent.

Keep it up!   May ALL your Jedi/Force explorations bear similar fruit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here