• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Deraleth
    Participant

Greetings,

My name is Frederick, I am a 26 year old married male living in California. I am a Soldier in the United States Army Reserve. I have many interests including photography, reading, writing, and animal rescue and rehabilitation, among other things.

I am just stepping onto the Jedi path after my wife helped me to realize that I was a cold, callous person. I was only interested in myself and what I could gain from any given situation. I put myself above all others, blinded by my arrogance and overblown pride to see the damage I was causing to those I was supposed to love. I found that I wasn’t really coming from a place of love, but from a place of selfishness.

I had looked into many religions: Wicca, Satanism, etc for answers to who I was, but I was looking in the wrong place, again, a place of self-aggrandizement . I thought I was superior to other folks, blinded by the fact that I was doing many of the same things that I held them in contempt for.

Now I am coming from a place that focuses not the complete picture. I will stumble, I will fall, but I am human with human failings. I acknowledge that, and when I do fall, I will continue to pick myself up.

Jax
    Keymaster

Welcome. What exactly brought you to Jedi? What brought it to mind?

Deraleth
    Participant
    Quote:
    Welcome. What exactly brought you to Jedi? What brought it to mind?

Jax,

Thank you for the welcome.

I was drawn to this path because it encompasses many attributes which I lack in myself but that I want to nurture and bring into my life. I am tired of looking at the world through a contemptuous filter; it is taxing on the mind, body, and spirit. When I contemplated what my wife told me, I realized how knotted my muscles were and how much I hurt. I recognized how foggy my train of thought was. I realized how lost I felt. I never really knew all of that was going on inside of me because, while I was concerned with myself, it was only in the manner of “whats in it for me?”. In other words, I was focused on myself for all the wrong reasons, I allowed my overblown ego to blind me to how I felt physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

As far was what brought this path to my mind, I cannot honestly answer that. I got online and looked it up, as I said above, I was drawn to it because it gives people a way for them to better themselves, and betterment is what I am seeking.

I do hope I have answered your questions sufficiently enough.

Regards,
    Frederick

Jax
    Keymaster

Thank you. I have to say, it’s a big step to get to where you are. Your willingness to look at yourself objectively and see what you have seen is an important quality that will serve you well on your journey.  I look forward to learning more about you.  I hope the training provides some tools for you to work on this quickly. :-)

Deraleth
    Participant

It wasn’t an easy, nor pleasent thing to do, but it had to be done. I am sure that many of the tools will help me on my journey towards self-transformation.

One-Winged Angel
    Participant
    Quote:
    My name is Frederick, I am a 26 year old married male living in California. I am a Soldier in the United States Army Reserve. I have many interests including photography, reading, writing, and animal rescue and rehabilitation, among other things.

I am just stepping onto the Jedi path after my wife helped me to realize that I was a cold, callous person. I was only interested in myself and what I could gain from any given situation. I put myself above all others, blinded by my arrogance and overblown pride to see the damage I was causing to those I was supposed to love. I found that I wasn’t really coming from a place of love, but from a place of selfishness.

I had looked into many religions: Wicca, Satanism, etc for answers to who I was, but I was looking in the wrong place, again, a place of self-aggrandizement . I thought I was superior to other folks, blinded by the fact that I was doing many of the same things that I held them in contempt for.

Now I am coming from a place that focuses not the complete picture. I will stumble, I will fall, but I am human with human failings. I acknowledge that, and when I do fall, I will continue to pick myself up.

Hello, Frederick – and WELCOME to the Institute! You can call me “Christopher” or “Chris” if you like, or “One-Winged Angel” if it makes things easier for you. I have been a Follower of the Force for around a decade now – since I was thirteen or fourteen. I’m now twenty-four, and to this day I still can’t envision myself “as” anything else.

I, too, have battled with a deep cynicism, anger management issues, and generally being “jaded” in my views of the world. In this day and age, it’s becoming progressively more difficult to see more of the “good” in life, and less of the “bad”. My practice as a Jedi has given me the tools to properly deal with & manage these issues, as have my studies of other belief systems & spiritual practices, which include: Buddhism, Taoism, Catholicism, Gnosticism, Satanism, Wicca & neo-Paganism, Hinduism, & Native American spirituality. Today (apart from or in conjunction with being a Jedi), I actively practice Mahayana Buddhism.

I believe you’ll find the Jedi path to be extremely beneficial in accomplishing the goals for yourself that you’ve stated here – it is, however, worth noting that, as it is with all things worthwhile, what you get out of your study and practice of the Jedi way is entirely dependent upon how much effort you put in to your practice.

If you have any questions or concerns about anything, feel free to ask. The nature of our Community is such that we are all able to learn from each other; and I, personally, would be glad to answer any questions, to the best of my ability, that you may have. Just shoot me a PM, or e-mail onewingedangelokc@gmail.com.

Again,  :welcome !

Deraleth
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote:

Hello, Frederick – and WELCOME to the Institute! You can call me “Christopher” or “Chris” if you like, or “One-Winged Angel” if it makes things easier for you. I have been a Follower of the Force for around a decade now – since I was thirteen or fourteen. I’m now twenty-four, and to this day I still can’t envision myself “as” anything else.

I, too, have battled with a deep cynicism, anger management issues, and generally being “jaded” in my views of the world. In this day and age, it’s becoming progressively more difficult to see more of the “good” in life, and less of the “bad”. My practice as a Jedi has given me the tools to properly deal with & manage these issues, as have my studies of other belief systems & spiritual practices, which include: Buddhism, Taoism, Catholicism, Gnosticism, Satanism, Wicca & neo-Paganism, Hinduism, & Native American spirituality. Today (apart from or in conjunction with being a Jedi), I actively practice Mahayana Buddhism.

I believe you’ll find the Jedi path to be extremely beneficial in accomplishing the goals for yourself that you’ve stated here – it is, however, worth noting that, as it is with all things worthwhile, what you get out of your study and practice of the Jedi way is entirely dependent upon how much effort you put in to your practice.

If you have any questions or concerns about anything, feel free to ask. The nature of our Community is such that we are all able to learn from each other; and I, personally, would be glad to answer any questions, to the best of my ability, that you may have. Just shoot me a PM, or e-mail onewingedangelokc@gmail.com.

Again,  :welcome !

Thank you for the welcome Christopher. I was a member of the Church of Satan, and it too held that you got out of it what you put in. At the time, Satanism was right for me. It helped me publish my first book and release my first CD. But, no more does it fit who I am.

I have also studied Native American spirituality. If you ever read In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, you will be familiar with a man named Paul Skyhorse Durant. He is a very good friend of mine, and taught me what I know about that path.

Although I have only taken a single step so far, I already notice a tiny change in  myself brought about by the decision to change paths and continue my personal development.

One-Winged Angel
    Participant
    Quote:
    Thank you for the welcome Christopher. I was a member of the Church of Satan, and it too held that you got out of it what you put in. At the time, Satanism was right for me. It helped me publish my first book and release my first CD. But, no more does it fit who I am.

I, too, was a card-carrying member of the Church of Satan. Technically, I still am. I maintain the view that “Satanists are born, not made,” which is true of any path. Although I no longer actively classify myself as a Satanist, the general idea behind still very much influences how I perceive the world and react – so I would only be lying to myself if I claimed that that path no longer applies to me.

My first album was released while I still labeled myself as a Satanist, as well. What genre(s) of music do you work with? I’m a producer (and DJ) of various genres of Electronic Dance Music, myself.  8)

Quote:
    I have also studied Native American spirituality. If you ever read In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, you will be familiar with a man named Paul Skyhorse Durant. He is a very good friend of mine, and taught me what I know about that path.

My study of Native American spirituality is fairly vague. I’ve never made it a point to pursue that study too seriously; but I have some Cherokee in my blood-line, so I figured it’d be good to at least get acquainted with my history.

Deraleth
    Participant

I am turning in my Crimson Card sometine this week. Satanism hasn’t fallen from my “grace”, once you have seen something, you can never unsee it.

As for my music, it falls within the realm of noise/ambient/electronic/experimental I really do not try to classify it. It is funny to note however, that I don’t even listen to the genre.

I have a small amount of Crow and Blackfoot in my blood, but not enough to try and claim I am Native American, nor am I implying that you are.

Atticus

Welcome, Frederick.  I echo the sentiment that I hope you begin to find the tools you need here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here