• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Beral Khan
    Participant

I want to Meditate every day.  But sometimes, if I forget a day and before I know it, it becomes a WEEK!

So, I’m looking for another student, preferably a Term 2, but open to discussion and Instructor approval for a Term 1, to check in with via email or IM daily for support for each other.

feel free to let me know if anyone is interested.javascript:replaceText(‘ :meditate’, document.forms.postmodify.message);
    Meditate

Jedi_Phoenix

I’d be happy to work with you because its something I think we ALL need to work on, regardless of what term we are!

you can find my email in my profile: savvyjedi301@yahoo.com

or your more than welcome to pm me!!!!

its a great idea

Anonymous

Maybe there could be an area for a training journal – and we could keep a daily/weekly training journal here?

I used to have one at Jediism Way – but they went to blogs and it just isn’t the same.

We can then be nosey about one another – and support one another – and maybe the instructors will occasionally give us a hoof in the rear when we need it – heh! :saber

Just an idea? :P

– Asta

Jedi_Phoenix

Hey i like that idea too

what ever works, or maybe we could do like partner journals so its like team work =]

Jax
    Keymaster

You’re welcome to do so.  Just remember that you need to keep a journal for your academy training and submit there too.  So, if I make a meditation area in this forum, will you use it?

Jedi_Phoenix

I would… :D

Jax
    Keymaster

And also remember to submit your meditation homework ;-)

Beral Khan
    Participant

I would do my best to use it.  to be honest, I didn’t meditate much since the end of last term. :(  But I am working on getting back into the habit of it.

Anonymous

😮 people will be watching…heh.

I have gotten out of doing any planned meditation as I did a few months ago.

I think I’ll use the journal here for that…although I took Med101 a year ago….you can fall out of habit.

– Asta

Daizan
    Participant

This might be a little helpful in getting people to meditate, and a little cross training too.

Sit Along With Jundo: The Daily Zazen Netcast of the the Treeleaf Sangha.
    http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2008/01/sit-long-with-jundo-zazen-for-beginners.html

This week’s series of talks concerns the practice of shikantaza for beginners. Every talk is about 5-10 minutes with a 20-25 minute sitting.

The Zendo also has an interactive meditation timer that you can set for 10-40 minutes.
    http://www.treeleaf.org/meditation.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here