• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Participant

Hey everyone :)

Recently through training I have come to the understanding that I will need to overcome my fear of judgment and self doubt, and I thought that meditation may be key to this. Though, I do not know of any meditative practices that will be effective for this, if any. Can anyone help here?

Thanks  :meditate

Jedi_Phoenix

Well I would say to start off with, just learning to listen to your thoughts, and then quieting your mind.  Practicing that No-Mind technique.  When you take the meditation workbook, there will be a lot of techniques there that might help you with the self doubt and judgment.

One thing I would throw out there is thinking about the relationship though between those two feelings.  There can be a lot of work for you there in just understanding them and how they are connected  :)

Phoenix

Ying
    Participant

Thanks Phoenix. Much appreciated.

Stryse
    Participant

Any success?

Another approach you can have, involves basically having a conversation with yourself, in the meditation.  This is actually something that is falling into working with your shadow-self, often a shamanistic practice, so you might look there as well.  The Dark Side of the Light Chasers, is one such book on the subject and has a thread in play around here somewhere.  :)

Ying
    Participant

Its been a while since I have been here, but I am glad to be back. I am going to endorse myself in training here as soon as possible, I have already submitted an application form.

Meditation has improved heaps! I am finding it a lot easier to simply relax and clear my mind now, after adopting some methods that are described in Eckhart Tolle’s book, ‘The Power of Now’.

My fear of judgment has manifested quite a bit. I fear being judged about my sexuality, which is what mainly brought me to the Jedi path – a way out of my suffering. I have made a lot of progress on this, and meditation has helped to keep my spirits calm and guided. I look forward to working with you all in the near future.

Peace! :D

Jax
    Keymaster

The Power of Now definitely helps.  Self acceptance is a long process but a worthwhile one.  I’m reading the Dark Side of the Light Chasers now and that’s the main point of the book – to accept yourself and your shadows so they no longer have a negative affect on your life.  Challenging material but necessary. 

Ying
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more Jax :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here