• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    marcusm
    Participant

As specified in the Guidance Counselor section, I have setup a blog to track my progress as a student (and should I be able to provide any instructional assistance as well). I have posted my first entry for the Intro course as of this writing.

[size=10pt]http://mm.zetes.org/journal/[/size]

MM

marcusm
    Participant

Updated with my “Why Jedi?” Personal Training entries.

MM

marcusm
    Participant

Yes, I am still alive and not a Force Spirit yet. I have finally come back into the cycle to complete the intro class and have completed the Creed exercise.

MM

Kol Drake

lol… was just up reading some of your entries.. cool.

and HEY.. why does your represention of ‘Jedi self’ as a Lego character looks suspiciously like George Lucas in jedi togs?  :ponder

Jedi_Phoenix
    Quote:
    HEY.. why does your represention of ‘Jedi self’ as a Lego character looks suspiciously like George Lucas in jedi togs?   :ponder

*LIKE*  :P  I wanted to know the same thing!

marcusm
    Participant

That’s creepy! I tried to get custom clothing from Lego Universe to take a new screencap, but they don’t have the Star Wars items. I should make a custom char in Lego SW Saga on Wii and someone screencap that.

MM

marcusm
    Participant

Spirituality exercise has now been completed: http://mm.zetes.org/journal/.

To be honest, I am not sure I will partake in the Communication and Leadership exercises at this time. I have been doing those things in my career for well over 5 years now and, while I am not saying I know it all or do not have anything to learn, I am not sure I need to visit these topics at this high level for the intro course. I will of course re-evaluate as needed, but at this time I will stall my studies. I’m open to discuss the matter.

MM

Jedi_Phoenix

I think that would be OK.  When Tercenya and Stormeye came in they had a lot of experience with Meditation, so they were able to bypass those courses.  Just would recommend brushing through the courses so you know whats in them, but as far as the introduction course goes, that’s fine  :)

Edit: just curious though, what line of work are you in, if you don’t mind sharing?

Kol Drake

To set the record straight, Stormeye and Tercenya did go through the Meditation 101 course with me being their advisor.  While the course was very elementary to them with their decades of meditation experiences, I took each lesson and modified them in one way or another to allow them to get some benefit from the lesson anyway.    

This meant anything from taking a new twist to an existing exercise to substituting a different exercise of a more significant nature (for them).   Even so, they were readily able to cover the course since they could equate nearly all to their long time practices and, I hope, see some new ways to look at the baseline course.

So, they did not ‘bypass that course’.

marcusm
    Participant
    Quote:
    Edit: just curious though, what line of work are you in, if you don’t mind sharing?

I am an IT Manager for one of the schools at Indiana University. While I have only been a “manager” for roughly 5 months, I was in a supervisor role prior for nearly 4 years. Throughout all of my 11.5 years at IU, I have been involved in formal written communications as well as project and team management.

Like I said, I do not claim to be an expert and I know I have a fair bit to learn yet. But my heart is just not into studying these two topics when I’ve been doing them for so long. Ask me again in a few months and I may have a different answer for you. ;)

MM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here