• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Today, Amazon rolled out a new feature which allows you to loan out books purchased from them in the kindle format.  Right now it appears to be limited to the US due to publishing rights, but it may be possible to loan out to other countries.  you don’t need a kindle to read the books, just the kindle app which works on your computer, iphone, or android phone.  I also believe only one person can check out a book at a time for a maximum of 14 days.  If you’d like to borrow one of the books I list, just let me know.  I just need to email you something from amazon which includes a link to download the book (I think) and it’s yours to read for free for two weeks.  Unfortunately a book can only be loaned to one person at a time.  I’ll try to remember to add to this list as I buy books.  I don’t expect to buy any soon since I downloaded a ton recently and don’t have much money to spend on it. But if anyone else has a kindle and wants to join in, feel free to post your books as well. 

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (book 6) by Troy Denning

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Allies (book 5)  by Christie Golden

Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi

Of course, I also have a ton of other books currently in kindle format that I believe can be converted to any format using Calibre.  I found a torrent with 800+ books so if there’s something you’re interested in, send me a pm and I can see if I have it. 

Memnoich
    Participant

This is cool, it mean’s I’ll have to start buying more kindle books!

List of my Kindle books:

The Witch’s Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense
    Penczak, Christopher

New Atlantis *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    Bacon, Francis

Thought-Forms *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    Leadbeater, C. W. (Charles Webster), Besant, Annie Wood

Chariots of the Gods *not currently loanable*
    von Daniken, Erich

Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development
    Bruce, Robert

Practical Psychic Self-Defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences
    Bruce, Robert

The Lost Civilization of Mu – The Civilization of Controversy (Philosophy and Archeology eBook)
    Kelly, Dr. Theresa M.

Eirik the Red’s Saga *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    null

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #4: Savior *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    MILLER, JOHN JACKSON

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #3: Paragon *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    MILLER, JOHN JACKSON

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #2: Skyborn *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    MILLER, JOHN JACKSON

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #1: Precipice *not currently loanable, but free for purchase*
    MILLER, JOHN JACKSON

Jedi Manual Basic – Introduction to Jedi Knighthood (The Professional Series of Metaphysics and Philosophy) *not currently loanable*
    Matthew Todd Vossler

**EDIT: Learned that not all Kindle books are loanable

Jax
    Keymaster

Nope, not all are.  But that’s also a reminder that anyone can buy ebooks, and there are lots of free ones.  :-)  Right now I’m starting the Bones books which inspired the tv show.  Is it possible for books to be more gross than a tv show? lol 

Memnoich
    Participant

from what I understand of those books, yes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here