• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

For those who come directly to the forum and bypass the home page (I suspect most of us), I wanted to alert you to a few things.  First, Aslyn has been updating the library with many of his own writings which I recommend everyone take some time to read.  If you’re new you’ll quickly understand why he’s here as a faculty member – and why we want to clone him so can do even more. :-)  Within the library you’ll see a list of the ten most recently added articles so you can more easily find new articles.  We’re working to find a way to make it obvious that an article is recent, but that will take a bit more time for me to figure out.  Hopefully we will be showing the date of publication without you having to click on each article at the least.  

On the home page you’ll see there is now a list of the five most recently posted articles, which is incentive to check it from time to time.  You can click on that list to go to the article as well, so it’s convenient.  You’ll also see that I’m trying to update the quotes list.  If you’d like to make a short testimonial, just send me a pm and I’ll add it.  

I know there is talk of adding a What is Jedi Realism section, so as we have things for that, I’ll get it set up.  Anything else you want?  I can’t promise to fulfill requests, but I’ll try.  

*edit* I also added a simple favicon (the little icon that shows to the left of your address bar).  If you clear your cache and reopen your browser you’ll see it.  I know it wasn’t necessarily crucial, but it makes it easier to distinguish tabs when I have multiple joomla websites open.  :-)

Aslyn
    Participant

Jackie,

Just looking through the Library, there’s a copy of ‘The Jedi Way’ in there that was supposedly compiled by ‘Master Thompson’. I ought to note that this was actually made by Chris (Brandel Valico), and has been his signature work (and one of the main guiding works of the Community since its inception). As such, Thompson is a plagiarist, and I’d be wary of any other works he’s uploaded on that account – they may well not be his, either.

Jax
    Keymaster

Good to know!  If Brandel doesn’t see this, can you ask him to check to make sure his other work isn’t being stolen?  It’s easy to change the authorship here, and I’ll let Adam know for other locations of these articles.

Jax
    Keymaster

Oh, it does say it was compiled by Master Thompson, to distinguish that he isn’t the author.  I can change it to Brandel so Thompson’s name isn’t on it at all right now.  If any other of the compiled ones are known we can add those as well.

Brandel Valico
    Participant

I have seen his collection, His Jedi Way ,Jedi Knight and Jedi Master Collections in the Library were recompiled from my Jedi Way site. While it is directly from my site he did re-compile it and move stuff around a bit. As such it is his own unique compilation of what is written on my site.

I have no real issue as it doesn’t say he wrote it. But he didn’t actually compile it either. It may be best to change it to “Re-Compiled” by Thompson thus clearing it up. It notes that he made a few changes in the way things are compiled. While making it obvious he wasn’t the original compiler.

inari
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this Jax, I must have a look at Aslyn’s writings. And see about doing some more of my own one of these days…

Jax
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll think about how to best note this, given the system we have.

Brandel Valico
    Participant

Jax if it’s easier you can go here http://home.comcast.net/~BrandelValico/index.html and find the original also.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here