• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    Kol Drake
    wands02.jpg

I know each ‘flavor’ of Tarot decks can have a modified image but I thought the generic one would do in a pinch.

The man in the Two of Wands is holding a small globe and stands on the roof of a castle, looking out over a vast terrain to the right and an ocean to the left. The globe in his hands represents that the world is his oyster and there is huge potential if he can expand his horizons to encompass broader life experiences. He understands his ambition and knows what must be done. He is wearing an orange tunic, which symbolises an enthusiastic approach to life, and a red hat, symbolising a passion for adventure.

So goes the generic interpretation… but how does that stack up to real life?
    Consider —

The Two of Wands takes the spark of inspiration from the Ace of Wands and matures it into an actual path forward. Thus, the Two of Wands is all about planning and progressing. You have been able to take your idea and turn it into a feasible plan that you know will lead to your success. It is no longer just an idea but you now have a plan in place to ensure that your idea is carried out as you had intended.

The Two of Wands is also about discovery, particularly as you step outside of your comfort zone and explore new worlds and new experiences. It may take some courage to take the first step but this card gives you the confidence of self-knowledge. You know what your goal is, what your creative process is directing for you, and you can be confident in its eventual fulfilment.

The Two of Wands indicates that you will begin to consider your longer-term goals and aspirations and will plan ahead for what you need to do to achieve these goals. You have already come so far but now you feel it is ready for a change, this time with your long-term future in mind. You may be considering overseas travel, further education or a major career change at this point in order to expand your learning and development, and to grow your horizons beyond your immediate environment. With careful planning, and a moderated approach, you will set yourself up for success in the future.

This card shows the patience and focus of your intent. You have got the ball rolling and have started out on your journey, so now it is time to patiently wait for your rewards and watch as your ideas begin to materialize… while continuing to work on present and future ‘adventures’ / plans.

Kurajadin
    Participant

6-17-14

Since my last post I have continued to meditate daily. Each day I meditate on the Jedi Code with my meditation beads. I also have been doing my divination meditations and my crystal pyramid meditations. I also have been doing my quietness/stillness meditation before bed. I have enjoyed doing these meditations.

Kurajadin
    Participant

7-15-14

Since my last post I have continued with my meditations. My back was bothering me however so I had to change my sitting position for my meditations. I continue to meditate on the Jedi Code each day. I also have been doing my divination meditations and my favorite is using the Tarot Cards. I also have been meditating with my crystal pyramid each day in the afternoon. And finally I have been doing my quietness/stillness meditations in the evenings. I continue to get a lot out of meditating and am happy with my routine. :yoda

jdmcowan
    Participant

What position were you in and what position did you change to?

Kurajadin
    Participant

I was sitting cross-legged on a pillow with my legs on the floor. I may not have been sitting up straight however. So I just switched to sitting in a chair.

jdmcowan
    Participant

What about sitting in the chair has made the difference? There’s more than just moving from a pillow to a chair going on here. Are you sitting against the support or leaning forward? Do you have your feet flat on the floor? Are your knees higher than your hip joints or are your hip joints higher than your knees? I’m curious because the more feedback I get on these sorts of things, the more ideas I get to help my future students. I might also have some ideas for how you could transfer the changes to a wider variety of situations so you don’t always have to be in that chair.

Kurajadin
    Participant

The chair gave my back more support as when I sit in the chair I sit against the support of the chair, usually with my feet up on the bed. Sitting on the pillow, I have to use my back muscles to keep my back up straight and I think my back just got tired of doing that since I was sitting in that postion for at least three times every day for about ten to twenty minutes per meditation. When I sit in the chair with my feet up on the bed I think my hip joints are at the same height as my knees.

jdmcowan
    Participant

Unless you have a back injury or deformity, it is possible, but sometimes difficult, to find a position in which your back is not supported, but is perfectly balanced with no stress or strain on it. There are multiple stories of old masters dying while sitting and still not falling over. However, many people, over emphasize the back curves when sitting and so have to use muscle to maintain the position. People also have a habit of leaning forward a little, which puts a lot of strain on the back. I find that sitting on a pillow which raises your hips above your knees often helps remove much of the desire to curve the spine or lean forward. However, it sounds like you have already tried that. There are certain aspects of finding that balanced position that can be hard to describe in words and are best transmitted in person. The most important thing is that you are comfortable and able to do the meditation. So for now, continuing what you are doing makes the most sense. However, if you get the chance to meet in person with someone who has taught meditation, you might want to see if they could give you some pointers.

Kurajadin
    Participant

8-7-14

Since my last post I have continued to meditate each day as I have been doing. Each day I meditate about four times during the day for about ten to twenty minutes. I continue to meditate on the Jedi Code in the morning. I then do my divination meditation around noon. Then my pyramid meditation in the afternoon. Then finally I do my stillness mediation before bed. I have been sitting in my chair for these meditations which has been easier on my back. I am thinking of sticking to my chair for now on. But I may go back to sitting cross-legged on my pillow on the floor. I haven’t decided yet.

jdmcowan
    Participant

Is there any chance that the next time you do try meditating sitting on the floor that you could have someone take a couple pictures of you and you could send them to me?

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here