• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    Jax
    Keymaster

Thank you. It took a bit to come to that combination. I like it too. :-)

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/20/13

:jedi

So today I did another meditation based on the Jedi Code with my meditation beads. I wish there was more to report. I mean I do this meditation repeatedly and it is good. My mind feels focused and I am relaxed at the finish. But it is the same meditation I usually do. I know a lot of meditations after taking the meditation course, but always seem to be drawn to the meditation that Jax layed out in her material accompanying the beads. There is something about the Jedi Code that is so compelling.

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/21/13

:yoda

Today, I did two five minute meditations and one ten minute meditation. First, I did a meditation on the Code with my beads. That went good. It helped me to focus and relax. Then I did a meditation on the energy of the Force which one of guides led me through. I always find that one soothing, feeling the energy of the Force course through me, like a warm flowing river. Finally, I did object meditation on two gems, a sapphire and an emerald. Again, my guide led me through this one. I tried to feel the energy of the gems in my hand, tried to be one with them. Each has a different feel to it. The emerald, clear and clean. The sapphire, cool and calm.

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/22/13

Today I meditated on the Jedi Code. I repeated the lines for about ten minutes. At times I found myself thinking of things unrelated to the Code, but I was able to refocus on the lines.

I also did another meditation, which is more of an energy manipulation than a meditation. It is based on practices I take with me from my druidry lessons. In this working, I go to my sacred circle and go from each direction saying: “I call upon the Force that gathers in the North,” and so on for each direction. Each time I say it, I visualize bright energy in my mind. Finally I move to the center where I say “I call on the Force that gathers within this world and all of exitence to help me bring peace, justice and balance to this world.” Then I visualize all the energy that I have gathered exploding out of me in a tunnel of energy into the sky.

I do this usually everyday and thought it might count as meditative work. Anyway, I thought it might be of interest.

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/25/13

Today I did a meditation on the Jedi Code using my meditation beads. I meditated for about ten minutes. At times, my thoughts drifted to other things. But I was able to bring my focus back to the Code and the beads. I enjoyed working with the Code as I usually do. I find it uplifting. :yoda

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/26/13

:obiwan

This morning I did a meditation on the Jedi Code with my meditation beads. At times I felt a little distracted by intrusive thoughts and ideas. But everytime I would be distracted I pulled myself back to the lines of the Code. It’s funny the things that go through your mind when reciting the Code. The meditation lasted abbout ten minutes and when I was done I felt more focused and relaxed.

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/27/13

Today, I did a mediation on the Jedi Code with my meditation beads. Its funny how fascinated I am with those beads. Anyway, I had trouble staying focosed on the Code during the meditation. I kept thinking of what I was going to do for my physical exercise. But I was able to re-focus on the lines of the Code despite those distractions. I did three repetitions as outlined in the paperwork which took me about ten minutes.

Kurajadin
    Participant

2/28/13

This morning I did another meditation on the Jedi Code with my meditation beads. Today, I found that the words of the Code spurred me on to other thoughts. However, I was able to re-focus on the lines of the Code. My thoughts were mainly drawn to my physical exercise routine. I kept wondering if today was an off day. I did three recitations of the Code which took me about ten minutes. Afterwards I felt more relaxed and focused. :yoda

Kurajadin
    Participant

3/1/13

Today I did another meditation on the Jedi Code with my meditation beads. I thought of varying things by doing a different meditation but decided not to in the end. Again, I found myself distracted by other thoughts during the meditation but was able to get myself to focus back on the lines of the Code. Its funny what thoughts come to mind as distractions. But sometimes the words of the Code spark interesting thoughts. I went throught the Code three times but neglected to check my clock. I figure it took me about ten minutes to go through. In the end, I felt more relaxed and focused as I usually do. Perhaps that is why I keep going back to this meditation.

Kurajadin
    Participant

3/4/13

Took the weekend off from training so I didn’t do any meditations this weekend. This morning I went with something different. I did a meditation on the flame of my candle, a meditation I learned in the meditation course. I just felt the urge to do something different to keep things interesting.

For the first five minutes of the meditation, I focused on the flame of the candle. Then for the next five minutes I visualized the flame in my mind. I found it difficult to maintain this visualization for five minutes. Then for the last five minutes I visualized me and the flame becoming one, which was also difficult to do for five minutes.

I found that during this meditation, my mind would be drawn to other thoughts. It took some work to bring my focus back on the meditation. But I was able to do this.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here