• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Participant

Hey everyone! I have begun a journal for the training I will undertake here at the academy. My user name at the Force Academy is Ying gu.
    The journal is located at the Force Academy: http://www.forceacademy.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3546
    Though, if it is of more convenience to the instructors here, I can begin a journal in the academy, though I cannot begin one on Word-press because I only have access to school computers – I have downloaded word-press but I am having trouble finding the actual program to open it, I am at a loss with it!

Best regards to all!  :meditate

Jax
    Keymaster

Is there a reason why you’re putting your journal there? The problem is that it forces all of the faculty to create accounts at FA when they do not desire to do so.  Also, we have no control over what happens there.  If they delete your posts for some reason, you lose all your work.  Using a wordpress blog allows you full control of your material (including the ability to make things private and provide the password to individual posts to the person you want to see them).  You can back up your work, and wordpress is a very stable platform.  It’s also easy for us to subscribe to blogs and get email notification for new posts and comments. 

Ying
    Participant

No, no reason in particular. I will make a journal on this site, but I wont be able to make a word-press account until I have fast internet access at my house. Thanks Jax :)

RiddleNox

Please do! We cannot wait to see what you have to share.

Jax
    Keymaster

How are you posting here that you can’t do a blog? There are mobile apps for smart phones that are easy to use.  But here is fine if it really doesn’t work for you.  There are always complications with software and such. ;-)

Ying
    Participant

Mmm, I understand :) I am going to start a blog here, is in the training Journal Thread a good place to create the journal?
    I understand there are complications, but I think we are just going to have to roll with what we have right now, because I cannot do much about it.  :P

Jax
    Keymaster

Yes the training journal area is perfect. 

Ying
    Participant

Thank you :) I will start a journal as soon as possible, which would be right now! :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here