• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RiddleNox

Jedi Summit 2016!

Hello!
    My name is Connor Lidell. You may know me from the recent Jedi Force class I helped teach. You may also know me as a Knight at Temple of the Jedi Order, a faculty member and author at the Institute for Jedi Realist Studies, co-founder of the Indy Jedi in Indianapolis, honorary Colorado Jedi member, Jedi Federation member, and all around person who does too much.

I am hosting a weekend Jedi Summit this May! Dates are not set yet, so don’t ask. However, we are currently looking for speakers. Their availability will help us determine the dates.

Here is the format for the weekend:
    Saturday, we will begin at 9 AM CST. There will be six hours of the summit from 9-3. It will alternate between three guest speaker/lecturers who will speak on various Jedi topics for an hour each and three hours of discussion groups (small groups). One hour of Lecture. One hour of discussion on that lecture. Another hour of lecture and then another hour of discussion. And, so forth. The lectures will take place on a live feed from the Google Hangouts video system. So, you will be watching the lectures live. Due to the format, you may have to leave and get food, take care of errands. This is ok! Because…
    SUNDAY, we will do the exact same thing except we will begin at 1 PM CST to let people go to church or take care of their spiritual needs. So, we’ll go from 1 PM CST-7 PM CST.

Participation will not cost you a penny! The speakers are going to donate their time! So, you are getting a treat. However, we are asking for a donation of $20.00. This money will go towards the Jedi Federation National Scholarship Fund. It will go directly to helping people get to the gatherings who have financial difficulties. If $20.00 doesn’t work for you energetically or financially, you can give what you can. Or, nothing at all if it truly doesn’t work for you. However, we do want to honor our content creators! Remember, you’re getting 12 hours of materials! Normally, a summit like this would cost 80-100 dollars without the option to pay less. Sometimes, even more.

In any case, right now, we are asking for presentation submissions. If you are interested in submitting and being a presenter, see the attached form! Please email your completed submission forms and any questions you may have to JEDISUMMIT2016@GMAIL.COM

Thank you!
    -Connor Lidell

[attachment=432]JediSummit2016.docx[/attachment]

Memnoich
    Participant

Might want to mention the location, cause that can affect a lot about who can attend.

RiddleNox

It is completely online through Google Hangouts. No location. I thought that was clear.

Quote:
    The lectures will take place on a live feed from the Google Hangouts video system. So, you will be watching the lectures live. Due to the format, you may have to leave and get food, take care of errands. This is ok! Because…
    Memnoich
    Participant

My Misunderstanding, I took that line as they would be available for viewing via Hangouts, but that there would be an actual physical gathering to go with it.

RiddleNox

Ah! Sorry, then. Nope, no in person gathering at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here